Benny: Confessions. My Diary.

I'm wrapping this back around to my personal life, give me a second.

In modern society, there can be no debate as to what is the ultimate artform, though some will claim that it is music or it is art or it is poetry or it is painting etc. They are all wrong. The ultimate artform is undeniably personality.

Artists, musicians, actors and influencers would have accomplished little success in their attention dependent careers were it not for the character behind such work. And personality is the great unifier of art; not only is there not a single individual in modern life who is absent from the art of personality (even a recluse must reason with their conscience), but for reasons I’ll define later, it can even constitute itself as a sport – bridging the gap between two cultural opposites of the sportsman and the artist.

(On the topic of sport, why is it that certain sporting leagues can captivate and entertain viewers for literal decades, but the prospect of watching said sports performed by technically proficient androids, who function technically at much greater levels, only be interesting for an hour or so? Because there is no relation to the ultimate artform: personality.)

Personality is an expansive field which encompasses both archaic concepts such as the soul as well as modern concepts such as psychology but, artistically, it can be reduced in my opinion to two core facets from the perspective of an observer: a collection of facts inferred from all known actions of the individual (real and rumoured) and the manner in which the individual themselves portrays, justifies and reacts to said actions. Personality is often referred to purely as ‘reputation’ in real life, especially under a business context.

This of course means that if personality is an artform then the human consciousness representing each personality is the artist. This isn’t necessarily linked to that last sentence, but I have R. Mutt tattooed on my upper right thigh.

There are no literal exhibitions for personality, in most cases. Instead, ‘exhibitions’ pass transiently through conversations at random in the form of gossip, drama, slander or observation. The exhibition itself is an artform in itself. People do not often outright declare aspects of their personality to an audience. But they will attempt to declare these aspects through outlets such as fashion, content of speech etc. What the audience will generally use to decipher the personality however relies on the more subtle tells of an individual. I shouldn’t need to articulate what these are.

The frame for personality is unlike the frame for art. For an artist, who expresses himself through a craft, the frame and the context is set by himself, and while the integrity of the work may be brought into question, it is typically acknowledged that the artist has the ultimate say in the meaning of his piece (despite popular culture propping up numerous examples of artists who refuse to elaborate on their craft). This is where personality as an artform splits. The frame or context of personality is determined at times almost entirely by the audience, and while the artist may intend his personality to be portrayed in one way, it is the aggregate populace observing the individual in question who will reign supreme in terms of meaning.

In this way, the art of personality may also resemble war. The context of an individual will be contested through aggressive manoeuvres of gossip and slander. Their art is subject to the prejudice of their surroundings; small-scale diplomats and leaders of defunct social groups will often smear reputations as a way to dilute the self-esteem of their peers, from the subconscious belief that identity and life satisfaction are a zero-sum game.

This is how bad bullshit art is sold. Word smiths

1 Like

True, but it is also relevant to good art. Incompetence will infect any technical field -- entropic law.

On the topic of frames and personality, isn’t this thread a good example? Why am I typing in such a pedantic and pretentious manner? Am I intentionally trying to get a rise out of the reader? Why am I intentionally trying to make this thread as long-winded as humanly possible and reach my arbitrary goal of ten thousand words? should i tone it down to a level you understand hahahaha? You’re trying to decipher the intention behind writing a confession here. And to decipher the intention, you must work out the mental engine running behind the post. Well, that’s interpretational. Maybe I owe a great deal to the people here.

Teenagers may seek out art as a form of self-expression, believing that it will be a way for them to communicate their true feelings with those around them. When in actuality, those around them will never discuss their art, seriously at least, but will instead discuss the person in question. If they discuss the ‘art’ then it will only be in the way of a quick preface before discussing the ways in which the art reveals more about the persona behind such.

Hunter Biden sold his art.... Kek

My personal moral law forbids me from talking about American politics.

But you're probably right.

1 Like

Coming back tomorrow, wrapping back around to the personal life, had to do a quick preface on the concept of personality today.

@thesimplepleasuresofthepoor don't keep us hanging.
Post something.

I haven't had time to read the latest posts yet.

Sry not on the weekend. Back Monday probably

I wonder what he's up to on weekends... maybe that will be one of the confessions.

1 Like