CulturedUrbanite VideoGame Selects.

the "cyberpunk" aesthetic was completely ruined by the amount of "genderfluid" fatties that colored their hair purple in the 2010s.

1 Like

I live the Cyberpunk lifestyle. I spend 12 hours a day on my computer for the last decade. I can't say ■■■■■■ or ■■■■■■ online anymore. Cold-call emails from staffing agencies about my "work authorization".

Give me the fucking mole people.

1 Like

The core idea to garner from "backpack hero" is that the resident evil-style backpack is something that is actually interesting. The combat system is awful; it turning out to just be slay the spire leads me to believe that slay the spire is awful (my existing prior).

1 Like

These polygons bring me pleasure.

3 Likes

Slay the spire is good, especially as a card game intro

hmm.. what about this for a new AAA game: an massively multiplayer shooter game where you can participate in a race war in environments modeled after the real world.

1 Like

matticus if you have any nvidia cards with the turing architecture laying around please send them to me: I want to play with hardware raytracing.

1 Like

this is just a WWII video game.

1 Like

Dude who cares stop forcing me to read this thread by posting in it

Simplicity is beautiful notjones. I don't think your points about stripped down games are wrong necessarily but when you try to strongarm your personal bias as the whole truth (like a typical conservative) that's when you become wrong. That said, the simpler your game becomes the more each individual element matters, and that requires something really special to make it stand out. Also, just a modest suggestion, use Unity to prototype your games please.

1 Like

it's more that certain ideas intrinsically offer more degrees of freedom than others. the "narrative" is inherently linear and "un-gamelike". "my personal bias" is no different than how anyone else acted on the internet circa 2012: you are acting like a tranny now.

I had some interest in doing things like spectral rendering: Spectral Rendering Tests - YouTube for something outside of game development. What I have now compiles down to either OpenCL/CUDA, but I think I'd rather just write something using vk raytracing.

2 Likes

Sounds like it'll be a hit. When you're done I'd like to play it or operate it or whatever the correct verb is.

nah, it was/is more of a playtoy to learn about SAR:

http://www.ece.uah.edu/courses/material/EE710-Merv/SARPart1_11-revised.pdf

stuff like:
https://sci-hub.se/10.1109/APCAP.2012.6333169

I had written a little toy in a newer GPU language futhark and then at some point learned that there's an actual hardware graphics pipeline for raytracing now and everything written with OptiX is just probably a million times faster.

1 Like

simulacra of actually working to alleviate the NEET boredom.

1 Like

enjoyable game.

1 Like

What did you think of the best game of all time?

2 Likes

Bible clone

4 Likes

Thoughts on this? I personally think this is mechanically one of the best boss fights in any game (at max difficulty obviously). Completing this hitless is definitely the highlight of this game for me. Only downside is that it's so short.

Guy in this video kinda sucks to be honest.
Regardless - Execution and Flow States elevate a lot of things in games, such as the example above. When I'm playing a 6 star osu map (not the highest but still hard) or fighting Sisters of Battle shown above, I'm not making analytical decisions or calculations.
CulturedUrbanite has different tastes.