CulturedUrbanite VideoGame Selects.

New demo up in collaboration with @bug

Total play time: ~15 minutes.

3 Likes

wow

really great game

1:13 PM*]* jones*:*

this feels like it came out of a Chinese intellectual property theft reverse engineering ring

[1:13 PM] nmagane*:*

thats the best thing one could say about it

[1:14 PM] jones*:*

no this isn't an art or a game

it's moreso like producing a fake van gogh

it's a technical feat to have copied something this well

[1:15 PM] jones*:*

you shouldn't call yourself an indie game developer -- you're a forger or a counterfieter

[1:15 PM] nmagane*:*

i went through the warioware emulated game

and captured frame by frame

so it has the same timings

of transitions

[1:16 PM] nmagane*:*

not even joking

2 Likes

you wish you could reverse engineer like this

But yes, as a long time fan of Warioware; I am looking forward to putting my own spin on it, and now that the framework engine is complete... The grind truly begins...

This new game is extremely hard

There's no way it's harder than the Mafia Simulator.

1 Like

Different type of challenge

What's so hard about it? Does it need a tutorial?

We need an Osiris death rollback -- this "game" is one of the most deeply despicable things to ever be posted on this forum.

1 Like

I repeatedly told him "microgames" were shit and the only way it'd work would be "soyjak warioware" -- but no, this corpse of a game is trotted out.

You are the most pathetic individual -- sitting there replying. Go back to the drawing board -- this isn't it. You suck.

This just shows that you are lacking of second degree thought or actual creativity - it's a perfect engine, a blank slate full of potential, and all You can come up with is the lowest common denominator Soyjack?
We can do a lot better than that.

Engine? It's a coal engine. That's all this is -- coal. It's limitless -- but bounded by coal.

Your game is thoroughly locked -- the opposite of keyed.

The coal engine started the industrial revolution. They hadn't even invented gems yet.

The first step to making a match 3 game was to make bejeweled - with nothing else to it. This is no different. It can only get better from here.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/shitpost_2077/status/1759223746190295327?t=dv9a8K1GGGoaz0X4bfhiKA&s=19

I'm on a touchpad/touchscreen so it's hard to do the mouse bits and also am right handed so the ones where I have to use wasd + mouse require me to contort my body in challenging ways. I would say I failed most of the challenges