Gamers Thread

1 Like

go on

idg how Epic Games has to pay apple when apple didn't outright win the case and has to implement changes as a result of the case

1 Like

https://twitter.com/sidereal111/status/1748311740960698766?t=qFal9pFBnnD-KNvhf06E8A&s=19

I suspect they won't actually have to pay but will have to go to court again to prove it. Apple's barely complying with the regulation so it's far from over unless they just give up

Thing is whether they pay or not, the point has been made - it was really just about the headline. Apple's trying to paint a big message in the sky to developers not to try them.

It seems pretty stupid though, it's establishing an environment where developers will jump at the first good alternative. Burning a lot of goodwill

Btw this is why Valve made and then abandoned the Steam Deck or whatever it was called. They didn't want to be locked out of the console market by these pseudo-monopoly tech orgs. Msoft briefly looked like they might try it, valve put out their own hardware, msoft changed course and they abandoned it.

Apple is essentially establishing an environment where anyone big enough would really like to try something similar. Given how much they spent on the legal fight, I think it wouldn't be out of the question for Epic to try the hardware path next. Make your own phone, let people play fortnite exclusively on it, lock in the next generation of phone users. It sounds like a big risk/potential flop but Apple is asking for it at this point.

Honestly the steam deck thing is apples and oranges to me. If valve abandoned the deck it’s because have Newell has the business methodology that he shouldn’t invest in anything that other people are already onto. Theres already like 10 steam deck like models on the market, it’s only a matter of time until someone ships a decent cheaper one that just runs steamos/proton on linux like the deck

Gabe could've wanted to increase Linux market share and built a flagship product around it. Protons huge for Linux and the steam deck. But it’s still a tiny slice of their user base so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was disappointing for them.

They didn't abandon it. And I'm not just saying that because I make games for it - They put out a new one a few months ago.

1 Like

Very dumb test, requires you to be stupid to take it seriously. It was most likely written by a zoomer after researching "what is autism" on Tiki Toki

1 Like

It does feel like the community does 99% of the work but I guess that’s just a valve classic

d4 bad

B if D doesnt get hit

C will have it pretty bad

Nobody will die

Correct

https://x.com/ratwell0x/status/1749152076096008381?s=20

2 Likes