Klaze's Use of Moderator Powers to Gain Tactical Advantage in Mafia

This is actual horseshit. I provided plenty of rules feedback, none of which ever got made into clear rules (specifically, I provided feedback about playing to wincon and posting after EoD)

unfortunately even though its probably the hardest path im still pretty sure the whole thing should be configurable instead of settling on one strict interpretation

i forgot how we talked about laying out the bot but i would just add a config object (ex: { lock_on_hammer: true; lock_on_eod: true; }) where the days are stored and read from it or the bot defaults if something isnt specified

win con is literally in the rules.

One of the (only) good things that J did on nadota was to change the madia forum so the thread creator could close his own posts. Could we have that here?

Lmao still arguing 200 posts later.

1 Like

Haha

You’re right. The rule I kept arguing about wasn’t wincon, it was about referencing PMs, which people have tried angleshooty strategies around in a couple of games

I skipped about 300 posts.

The way I ran my games is that you can post even after hammer (twilight) until I post Day over Stop posting.
It worked every time.

Anyways, my opinion is that if you can’t trust the players to stop posting after hammer, and you can’t be around at hammer, you probably shouldn’t be hosting a game.

I made the “you can post even after hammer” rule just to avoid these kind of problems.

You can't.

Hosts can't close their own threads.

The problem with just allowing posts after hammer is that it is always hugely town-sided, as talking is always pro town and a lot of mafia strats revolve around hammering coming around the right time

So make the host a temporary mod during the game, or code mafiabot to close the thread.

Don’t think they’re going to make hosts mods

Yeah if all mods get everyone’s info it would lead to mod abuse and doxxing I guess.

@bees make me level 4 user

Pm Dan :)

1 Like

Can you guys not do what we did in nadota - have certain groups with certain privileges like being able to open and close threads in specific sub forums?

Pretty sure they already did the hosts can close their own threads thing here

I cant figure out how to make it work but I rememeber it was a thing

Same shit different forum I guess

No, they can’t give thread creator specific rights on discourse

Oh so u can’t make a group, put current Mafia host in it, and have that group set to be same as everyone else but has ability to open and close any Mafia thread? Making it thread specific would be tough, but no more harm giving them access to the others