MafiaUniverse Championships Candidate Selection Thread

I must have played at least 5 here now

Wow, considered worthy by Thingyman but not by Klaze...

I'm nominating myself.

1 Like

Jones could do it If he still has no job and no life.

1 Like

this is completely false

i have all the time in the world, no job or life, and have by far the most distinct mafia playstyle on this forum

do you think mafiauniverse has discovered the application of cryptographic commitment schemes to mafia games?

I will accept Jones or myself

does mafiauniverse have any undiscovered side channels?

cryptography is explicitly banned in their game rules

also i just read that this year theres a 200 post per player per game day limit

link me the game rules

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/27-Forum-Rules?p=2026#post2026

7. Do Not Make or Utilize Ciphers

All information in a game thread needs to be accessible to all players. Secret codes requiring keys are thus banned. Videos of yourself commenting on the game are banned, as not all players can watch such videos. (Note that "breadcrumbing", gentle clues that anyone can piece together, are allowed. Links to videos and images made in good fun are allowed.)

it's not a cipher.

like, "no cryptography" has more application than that rule, as the dumb hash function commitments I've been doing limit the information to a single party (the committer) up until it is revealed to everyone

4. Do Not Exploit Loopholes

You are expected to abide by the spirit of the rules, not merely the letter. If you are misusing the rules in bad faith then severe action will be taken. (Likewise, if we believe a player broke the letter but not the spirit of the rules, we may be lenient.)

What does this even mean?

it means theyll probably cite that rule to call your hash function commitments against the rules

You're mafia!

I agree, but not quite.

I voted myself

Good to know, but 200 x 17 players is still a lot of posts per day. Not sure who could handle that except yns or jones.