@Tywin

forgot how much I love System of a Down

what a unique sound these guys made for themselves

@iNDo0R_5T0RM

best progmetal song of all time

of all time.

@big_ass

1 Like

don't like Sia as a person she seems kinda weird and potentially a groomer but I do love her music

love this song, love the sound of her vocals in this one especially

This song is hauntingly beautiful. If you like melodic death metal with female vocals you will adore this song.

Also considering it was made in 1994 I consider it very influential to the genre as a whole. Even on their very first two albums and with a different vocalist than they'd use the rest of their career, In Flames were completely redefining the sound of melodeath. (imo)

Sia is a groomer?

yeah. she's obsessed with the girl who is in all her music videos (most famously chandelier), has her on all her album covers, worked with her since she was 11, lived with her at one point and refuses to make stuff if she's not involved in some way. it's super sketchy

there's a ton of shit on reddit etc if you google it

1 Like

For reference, this was how their other music typically sounded at the time (back in 1994).

As far as the melodic part of melodic death metal goes, I think nobody has ever done it better than in flames.

They also have at least 1-2 songs per album with no vocals at all, which are always some of the best songs on the album.

Like this one

Or especially this one

Here you can see how their songs with female vocals evolved over the years, into what is in my opinion one of their top 5 best songs ever made, 12 years later.

if you think you like what you're hearing, I'd highly recommend you check out their three best albums (imo)

Soundtrack to Your Escape (2004), Come Clarity (2006), and A Sense of Purpose (2008)

I linked them below in case anyone is interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAC81irHNEg&list=PLs9zwqXsceUjP204FAy4vVO7eAUWW6Hr7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAZDDkdLe_c

2 Likes

Yeah i googled it sounds kinda similar to MJ actually

1 Like

i should clarify that there are no actual allegations against sia from maddie, but still..... it's very odd and sketchy