Music thread

getting close

theres a mango in the title and that means its tropical and therefore possibly tribal or at least more so than pyramids

nvm i am doubling down on trax actually made in africa qualifying as most tribal because well you know

well that and urban tribe - the collapse of modern culture

because modern day detroit is segregated into sectors controlled by competing tribes

1 Like

this is more like chillstep but i like it

i was in detroit tonight didn't see any tribes though. i'll have to do an in depth investigation next time

Phil rates it very highly

Nineteen years after its release, too few people know The Collapse of Modern Culture . Even when it was new, the debut album by Detroit’s Sherard Ingram (best known today as the electro-leaning DJ Stingray) and a handful of the Motor City’s finest—[Anthony Shakir], [Carl Craig], and Kenny Dixon Jr., aka [Moodymann]—was too unusual a proposition to find a wide audience. It seemed too slow to be techno, too broken to be hip-hop, too electronic and vocal-free for most to recognize it as soul music. And the majority of the long-defunct Mo Wax label’s catalog never made its way to streaming services, which means this sumptuous, prescient slab of beat music has been relegated to the rarities bins. The drum programming and sampled breaks bridge boom-bap, Detroit’s slow-paced “beatdown” style, and the snapping grooves of Warp artists like [Boards of Canada] and [Autechre]; the mood throughout is melancholy and elegiac, with lyrical synthesizers poking through rumbling percussion like green saplings pushing through the rubble of a dead city. –Philip Sherburne

1 Like

I rate rhythm & sound and maurizio as well

rip

Autechre are streaming their new album today

1 Like

FUCK yes, when? I raid in 4 hours

Well sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's already over lol

I listened to about half of it through the shitty speakers on my treadmill, and it's a relatively mellow very pad heavy outing from them

Not sure if the Designer's Republic is still doing the sleeves for these, but I feel like they biting on something

that one orbital cover too lol

And yea it is designers republic

@Nyte i remember ur ambient dub/tribal dub request and recommend Spirital Rainforest Enslavement

1 Like

https://www.discogs.com/artist/31174-Burnt-Friedman-Jaki-Liebezeit

ok it took my 5 tracks of searching to even find a beat/bass

not sure this is the play

my b