Music thread

never got into them, I think I just thought they were the same band as Atari Teenage Riot except without Alec Empire or something lol

why did no one ever link me tamino?

1 Like

Is there any greater

@ cheeseburger in paradise

2 Likes

glad they're still doing these

2 Likes

I GOT BASIC CHANNEL AND DREXCIYA LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

ok it was underground resistance dude fuck me i called mine early im fuckin stupid

1 Like

People, and I have people coming up to me and telling me this all the time: People think Underground Resistance and Basic Channel can sound similar. Now I won't tell you which people, but I'll tell you now, they're some great americans. Some great Americans. And some Americans make this mistake. And let me tell you now, they're alright. They're some alright folks.

i always have a lot of trouble with the track titles

I got:
e-dancer (kevin saunderson) - thought it was heavenly
UR - Seawolf
Drexciya - couldn't remember title
Laurent Garnier - Crispy Bacon
I thought Vainquer - Lyot (Maurizio Mix) was Basic Channel - Lyot RMX fucking christ
AFX - thought it was analogue bubblebath

Easy mistake to make I'm glad another basic channel track came up later so i could get 2/6 lol

that one is a classic

i love these thematic releases they used to do

one that always makes me laugh is the killer bees one where they tried to make bee sounds on their keyboards

1 Like

I'm listening to the new zenker brothers right now have you peeped it yet?

1 Like

naw i haven't, will give it a whirl

fell asleep listening to this, definitely still fits that zenker brothers mould

their last album was a lot of combining breakbeats into a techno framework

this one kinda does that too i guess, but also incorporates more styles like trip hop and downtempo/ambient leaning tings

Yeah I thought it was kind of a departure from their really percussion heavy stuff but I guess side B does have some of that. I love how ilian tape mixes breaks with techno.

FUCK ME WHY DO I ALWAYS MISS THESE