PART TWO: CulturedUrbanite_*****.** VideoGame Selects.

This one for you

What a steal

Balatro 2 just dropped

Balatro is unironically the most boring card game I've ever played.

I have over 50 hours and almost everything unlocked

Aren’t you an NL enjoyer or was that just a meme on you

I have ~10 hours and I don't want to play it anymore at all. It's a spreadsheet simulator with half the runs being unwinnable at high ascensions.

The first thing I did was click the "unlock everything" button in profile settings for the record.

1 Like

If you’re on base difficulty making it to ante 7/8 should be easy. You might be doing something incorrect play wise to end up like that. I don’t blame the spreadsheet criticism though

I am talking about higher ascensions, I am mostly playing on purple stake and above.

1 Like

Didn’t know that one but I’ll probably do it since the last jokers to unlock require stupid things like discarding 5 jacks

Ascension being the Slay the Spire term, another spreadsheet simulator but at least in that game you can consistently get 90%+ winrate if you know what you're doing.

1 Like

Yeah it is pretty fucked on higher stakes. It’s unfortunate but the game was still really worth it for me. I think it did help that I didn’t press the unlock everything button though. The beginning loop feels a lot better when it’s simplified and you’re actively unlocking some stuff in every play through

It is a little unimaginative outside of the card art which was a little disappointing too. But I expected it from the demo

It feels like some of the higher stakes were just made to be played with the checkered deck

Regardless of the game's difficulty, it's simply not fun playing the same 52 cards forever with such a wide array of uninspired jokers (+4 mult, x2 mult, +2 chip, +10 mult) - there isn't that enough variety in the gameplay which is why I just find it boring.
Solitaire is more fun.

Definitely the first set of jokers the developer made. I agree, and that it kinda sucks that many of the commons are like that because it ruins stuff like the blinds and joker that give jokers

When it comes down to it my enjoyment is basically a derivative of what it would be like if I was actually gambling. I get lucky, get a negative joker that doesn’t suck with 2-3 high nx jokers and unpack steel tarots etc

Also makes shop disappointing, and especially when you unlock a 1.5X mult on the +4 mult joker or some garbage

I've played enough shitty roguelikes in my life to be completely disillusioned and jaded towards the entire genre at this point. How ironic.
Not saying Balatro is "shitty" - it's a great game, but not for people like me.