questioning the concept of 'mental illness'

what about it?

Nothing

2 Likes

No it’s a literal physical condition. Degradation of the brain, like alzheimers.

what are you trying to say? when you say physical i don’t know if you’re making a joke about people who think the mind is just some atoms in your head. yes the symptoms of alzheimers include things to do with muscle weakness and motor control but that does not mean the only legitimate mental disorders must have physically observable symptoms

No, I’ve made no sort of argument that claims mental disorders aren’t real.

Good point Willy

I agree with

Sorry I agree with no one

That’s my mental illness talking btw

I’ma not mentally ill im mentally sick

lol lame lol lmemd. Mill me KILL ME

No

i mean like bipolar for instance has observable differences in the brain

idk about most mental illnesses cuz im kinda self centered and only really learn about what i deal with but its pretty dumb to be like ‘all mental illnesses except for like dementia and Alzheimer’s are fake’

im sure most mental illnesses cause some observable difference in the brain that we dismiss because it’s been historically difficult to measure and understand and we just assumed there was never any basis

https://press.rsna.org/timssnet/media/pressreleases/14_pr_target.cfm?id=1972

1 Like

im pretty sure i just copy pasted the worst thread i could find on the “serious discussion” forum on pth

1 Like

It’s a pretty bad topic as everyone already knows the answer.

lmfao

Dan is so smart! Just look at the difference between ADHD / average brains activity.

why did I wake up this morning full of energy and hopeful for the future and 4 hours into my work shift I want to fucking die