Trump vs Harris debate September 10

got bored of watching when he said we were going to pay off debt by lowering taxes and lower inflation by lowering interest rates

just get ready to buy a house immediately after he cuts rates

he has no power to cut rates

lowering rates does not cause house prices to go down

fuck sake

2 more years and I can renounce my citizenship and become Japanese. But then I couldn't vote in US elections :(

Staying American to vote against Republicans.

no shit re tard the price will go up but the interest rate on the mortgage you can get will be much lower meaning the total amount paid and the monthly payment will be much less. home prices are not going down, ever, get used to it.

No that means the principle goes up and you pay the same amount lmao

the principal of the loan is going to go up regardless of high interest rates or low interest rates

Unironically read a book

ok lets go ahead and do this together because you are an idiot and need things to be spelled out for you.

the current national average of a 30 year fixed rate is 6.97%

if you buy a million dollar house with 20% down and get a 30 year fixed rate today, the total loan amount will be 800k, the total interest paid will be 1.1m so the total cost of the loan will be $1,910,272.

House prices raised about 11% from 2019 to 2022, meaning a house worth 1m in 2019 would be worth on average $1,131,045.

A house worth $1,131,045 with 20% down the 2021 rates of 2.96% would cost you $270727 in interest and the total cost of the loan would be $1,175,563.

Theres an $800,000 difference there and thats because of the rates. Higher rates means you pay a ton and the price of houses does not increase to make up the difference like you are saying. You are absolutely re tarded.

1 Like

stick to buying dog coin pump and dumps, talking about home prices is too complicated for you.

please brother show me where home prices increased 830k to make up the difference between a 3% rate and a 7% rate

You think trump is going to bring back zirp?

Dot plot shots 3.5% interest rates in 2026

You genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. Interest rates can go down 2% max

you just told me that the "principle" (its principal btw you moron) will increase to make up for the change in rates and lowering rates does not make homes more affordable yet you claim I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Not even. 1.5%

You dont get to make comparisons to 0% interest rate