Trump vs Harris debate September 10

all the riots related to george floyd are still the most costly example of civil unrest in the united states, saying it was "mostly peaceful" is the most wack shit and such a blatant lie to anyone who has two eyes

i just said peaceful protestors were being brutalized by police pretty often

not that the whole saga was ‘mostly peaceful’

i mean theres clips of journalists getting beat up

there were some peaceful protestors they did exist

like too many clips of college kids holding hands and waving signs not being violent eating a whole can of pepper spray

if i can admit the protestors coulda done better cant you admit the police could have too?

do you really think theyre blameless?

man these people who came out in support of george floyd literally brutalized entire city blocks, they burned down local businesses and completely ruined the livelihoods of individuals who probably spent their entire lives saving and working hard only to have their business burned down because some black dude in Minneapolis got choked out by a cop.

yeah sure I guess but most of that shit just falls under civil disobedience and they are doing it literally to elicit a police response

the whole situation spun out of control really fast

i don't know what you want the police to do in these situations. I will tell you right now if the LAPD police chief came down into the crowd I was in on both days in LA he would have been mobbed and beaten to death

1 Like

well not every crowd could have been calmed down i agree

you use buffalo as an example but thats not even really a major city, not what i'm talking about. I'm talking about like LA, Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, Atlanta, D.C, Austin, Dallas, Portland, Seattle

little bit bigger than buffalo, I don't have an exact population number in my head but buffalo is just not that big of a city by US standards

I don't know, I remember the news at the time and social media at the time and there were a lot of different riots and looting going on in a lot of different cities, not to mention what happened to Minneapolis which looked like a nuclear bomb had gone off in a section of the city

1 Like

yeah the bad ones were really bad. i think the media over reporting on Minny/Portland/Seattle kinda skewed peoples perception and made it seem like everywhere was that way

i saw way too many normal looking people who brought their kids to think they were all bad actors

buffalo tiny now 250k

so yeah you had a period of the most severe civil unrest the country has ever had and there were federal agents jumping out of minivans arresting people. Is it extreme? I guess yeah by normal standards it definitely is, however we were nowhere near normal as a country

you mean in canada?

yeah it was a crazy time

no just US cities

like from what i watched, i was fiending clips all day when it was going down

I don't know about that there were not any children I saw at the ones I went to. You might be talking about the ones that happened like months after the main protests. The ones I went to were around the same time as like every protest around the country and it happened shortly after floyd died and the video got released. That was when probably 99% of the rioting happened.