Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations book commentary

This literally happens all the time, it's why the DSM changes every decade or so

1 Like

I literally studied words and this is painful to read

Can you elaborate on how

The guy is taking very ordinary processes and trying to make it sound spooky with bullshit like "genocide" "deconversion" "faith in words" like wtf. Just plainly describe the problematic thing and give a concrete example of it. It isn't "difficult to study words" if your goal is to actually study it instead of write an essay about it.

This was the thing that made me tilt my head most. This person is conflating the accuracy of the discoveries of these fields with their jargon. Like, yeah the field will have faith that their analysis has some truth applicable everywhere. That is their goal. That doesn't mean the jargon is assumed to be universal. I am hoping I just misunderstand what the writer is saying because this claim is batshit

ok but when you say the guy, do you mean the article or hbotz (did u read the article?)

the article. I started skimming the ewiz and hbotz posts after I posted that.

1 Like

i believe the author is trying to criticize the field of psychiatry along the lines of, "they arent making meaningful discoveries in the first place; what is or is not BPD doesnt have an accuracy because its not moored to reality". which of course may very well be unfair and a mischaracterization of the field.

also, naively i would hope that experts in specialized fields use jargon in a universal way among the global community of experts. do you disagree with this?

btw he also wrote a piece on how he thinks the Five Factor Model (the INTJ stuff or whatever) is an academic scam and a free-floating language game unconnected to reality. that might be his motivation here.

You didn't. The writer is just dumb

I think it's horseshit too. So do a ton of psychologists.

if you go to the wikipedia on it thats the first thing it says. its probably not a big deal that hes regurgitating the information tho

He's regurgitating the info to discredit the whole field of psychology when the criticism comes from psychologists. It's insane

i didnt click it i just meant that a lot of people dont know the funding bs or think that

i dont think my psych teacher thought that

This summarizes interacting with @hbotz

https://twitter.com/T4RIG/status/1296334114300272640?s=19

1 Like

Toasting in an epic bread

God is a lobster, and Jdance has a micropenis.

1 Like

Also for your information it was tucked in.

Yeah where's your dick bro?