7.31 is the nail in the coffin

imagine playing a game while being mentally analyzed each game by algorithms and psychologist whose goals are to get you to keep playing and keep spending money.

a lot of doom eternal's development was psychology trying to develop the right formula to keep players in the 'fun zone' as long as possible. obviously the the level and enemy design is what gets it done but it's important to understand why anyone has fun playing with the pixels you put on their monitor if you want to make a successful and lasting game

multiplayer games are rife with microtransactions now. cosmetics in ftp games im mega down for but selling xp boosts and garbage in $60 games is just saying we don't know how to make the whole game fun so pay more money to get to the fun content

that's just your interpretation, the actual reason is that they're publicly traded companies that want to increase revenue where they can. also, providing services like patches servers mm etc isn't really cheap

GaaS games as a service just a popular approach now

can't really fault privately traded smaller companies from doing this either for the servers reason, and because the revenue they make affects them on a much larger scale than it would Ebin Games

Can somebody explain to me how Terrorblade's Reflection does not work on Naga's Mirror Images?

immersion ruined

targets heroes?

imagine if he used it around PL dude

I'm referring to .....

A MIRROR HAS A REFLECTION

ITS A PLAY ON WORDS BUT ALSO WH THE FUCK DOESNT IT WORK ON ILLUSIONS

I'm telling you why not

no playing on words necessary you just have to read them

Didn’t it used to work in illusions?

Im just upset that mirror images don't have a reflection

Axe is mega OP LMAO

semantics

Vanguard + Wraith Pact + Axe Aghanim Shard = zero damage enemies (physical)

Nice. What's your elo

1 Like

I'm ancient atm but dota all pick is kinda dogshit- only played 60 ranked matches so far

no1 queus random draft dead game