Advantages of Meditation

Frankly I’m only skimming these posts so it’s entirely possible that I misinterpreted what you were saying I’m sorry

you’ve never read those books

He’s writing another one - he’s writing another NmaEssay

Jesus Christ I give up

I will. A2pas

Well anyway, I am not a thorough meditation practitioner, but I would consider myself a fairly knowledgable armchair philologist. And I particularly love to pore over the Eastern writings on this stuff.

It made me a bit sensitive to the modern individualist approach that leads to a bunch of tech bros closing their eyes and breathing heavy so they can sit in front of a computer for 10 hours without killing themselves.

Though by all means do so if it prevents you from killing yourself

1 Like

One concrete result I would give, judging from my readings and not experience, is complete impartiality.

i started reading an ebook on meditation

https://www.amazon.com/Mind-Illuminated-Meditation-Integrating-Mindfulness/dp/1501156985/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

(just downloaded it on library genesis)

it tries to sell the general goal of meditation as becoming better at / mastering controlling one's focus and awareness towards things u would want to want to think about and focus on etc

idk maybe ill post more about it when i read more

i have not even really attempted step 1 of its 10 steps to mastery thing, step 1 being establishing a [consistent] practice

meh i have the time so i might as well try

Sounds like you’re doing more Fing than Ting private

he really hasnt and its sad lol

DotA surely is the ultimate form of Anti-Meditation, getting yourself as mentally unstable and tilted as possible

+1

qv

If meditation is about personal improvement and becoming a better, more pleasant, level-headed, patient etc etc person then dota is about as far from that as it gets