Amateur Programmer Thread

@31.214.227.13-10350 put it up on your vps for me real quick

Time for devops journey. Amateur devops thread

not interested in "devops"

Devops isn't an interest.

this is how a traceroute looks like to my own ip... can't host a server on my own network anymore thanks to the government ISP.

Wtf

The page at 'https://jilsen.itch.io/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure XMLHttpRequest endpoint.

This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Really keeps getting better.

Devops journey devops journey

the ssl certificate jew

1 Like

the code you've pasted disgusts me

once you've realized why it disgusts me and internalize that reasoning, you will graduate to midwit-tier awful developer.

1 Like

It disgusts me as well.
I didn't write it though, so it's all good.

Here's my guess:
I don't know what the code does, and it imports 1000 things that I don't understand either.
The code is so copy-pasted I didn't even change the stack overflow function names.
If you asked me to re-write the code off memory, I couldn't.

But what else should I have done?

please redpill me on Python Server Code.

You must internalize a criticism of your code from lenses like design, readability, performance.

2 Likes

Thanks for the Advice. I do that for my own game codebase, but I'll make sure to start optimizing my Stackoverflow copypasting next time.

I've been trying between Nano and Vim over the last couple of days, I prefer vim so far.

You should never even open the website "stackoverflow" (or SEO-spam bedfellows). You're just making the massive ocean-garbage-patch that is internet programming content worse. You are degrading the programming ecosystem.

You need to approach the skill-plateau that includes things like over-abstraction, poor design, poor code structure, etc. You need to be creating shit-code that needs to be thrown out whenever someone else looks at it because you've been creating a parallel reality.

2 Likes

will make sure to start doing that.