Amateur Programmer Thread

HUGE EXHALE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH GANJAMAN

Just woke up. Programming today.

1 Like

Me listening to Bossa Nova - Drum And Bass, Taylor Swift - Life is actually pretty okay lol what's the big deal?

Me Listening to Lana Del rey - Someone fucking shoot me in the face right now.

1 Like

This is why I stopped listening to downtempo sad indie music

Now I listen to uptempo sad indie music.

uptempo sad music is an oxymoron

sad music is mathematically meant to make your heart rate slow to a point where, you can achieve death purely through music

fuck off this is a compiler bugfixing thread

Fixing the bugs, eating the bugs... is there really a difference?

Haven't run into any compiler pugs yet using the Latest Version of Visual Studio by Microsoft.

2 Likes

Will end up having to read ( LEARN ) MIR to figure out what is going on.........

actually will need this: The THIR (Typed High-level IR) - Guide to Rustc Development

Learn Mir? I prefer Bogdan RTM.

the bogdan rtm shit is literally the worst thing that's ever happened in the last like year

2 Likes

I haven't looked at the MIR/THIR, but I believe I have figured out what the issue is:

Depending on the platform's NaN behavior, the result will differ between runtime and compile-time execution of foo(1.0, 0.0). Compile-time execution is determined by the Rust port of apfloat (a soft-float implementation); runtime behavior depends on the actual NaN patterns used by the hardware which are not always fully determined by the IEEE specification.

the float literal isn't a constant because the floating point semantics depend on the runtime platform; creating some const variable is just forcing the compiler to utilize the compiler environment for floating point semantics.

Tracking issue for `#![feature(const_fn_floating_point_arithmetic)]` · Issue #57241 · rust-lang/rust · GitHub

I had a feeling it was something like this but it only came apparent when reading the const fn issue.

wake up on beach
wander
meet some guys dressed up in trash holding AK-47s
"HEY YOU, NAKED"
I come
"Follow us, you're our prisoner now"
They bring me to a base with a crudely drawn ISIS flag on it
They bring me into their base
"SING FOR US"
I don't say anything
"well you're :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: useless aren't you"
"bring him in the thunderdome"
waitwhat
they bring me into a prison with another naked
"NOW FIGHT!"
me and the naked fight intensely with rocks
I kill him, everyone is screaming "ALLAHU AKBAR" in bad middle-eastern accents
they bring me outside for a break
one ISIS member leaves the base, and I run outside while the door is open
being shot at by AK-47's while zigzagging
I escape into the desert

then I left Egypt, bought Rust and the same thing happened in Rust

1 Like

Have you checked out V Rising yet? It's the new Rust.

The only V that's rising is your V irginity

Can we ban toprak for literally just having dogshit posts

Like hes actually 0/172 since returning

he's a cutie tho

That is not true