@SOPHIE delete this thread Iā€™m embarrassed

sign

okay but you can host something else bud

No Iā€™m embarrassed

fuck you all this is an improved version of nmas audience game

This game doesnā€™t seem that good.

Sign

A

If someone accidentally breaks this rule would they get immediately killed? Reminiscent of the raccoon.

Can we bring back the raccoon in every game

1 Like

Can you believe there are people that donā€™t like bennyā€™s hosting

Every single game delivers something new and exciting yet people still type things like ā€œargh goy club gameā€

Anyways letā€™s break this setup so jdance understands why people are rejecting it:

Day 1: all claim immediately

2 watchers are setup cleared

Each of vt, vc, rd are 1 only, so if scum claims there they will be trading 1 for 1 at best. Most likely all these will just be 1 claimant and immediately cleared

That leaves pict and sold (3 ea) for scum to try and contest

Best case you split scum across the groups. That means town has two groups of 6-7 to find scum in. Town then picks one group and lynches from that group until it has the correct size of town players (meaning. 1 dies and flips town. When two players left, those are cleared). Now you have 1-3 more cleared players.

So we basically just clear the entire town. This is why setups depend heavily on vt roles (or are just ā€œclosed,ā€ meaning you donā€™t tell people the role list so they canā€™t do this math. They just get a pm of their own role and usually know #scum starting.)

Then on the flip side: 7 scum and 9 town with 2 neuts means d1 is ly/lo. Even if the neuts were town d2 would still be lylo. This is why you donā€™t see setups with 7 scum.

Lastly, I think most people rejected it because the mechanics arenā€™t fun. Typically when you have games with these sorts of mechanics they become trolly and town gets pissed off pretty quickly. When you make a setup, think about the maths and think about how a mechanic you create is going to affect the game and the fun people have in it.

Exactly. I haven't had time to think about this, but I think there's a lot of ways to potentially break this game into heavy town favor

1 Like

I donā€™t care itā€™s not supposed to be balanced itā€™s supposed to.be funnreas the word recreational in the title

Itā€™s not fun when thereā€™s game 1 exploits that break the game. Then it becomes procedural

Then donā€™t play to win.

Iā€™ve been theory-crafting a new branch of mafia recently and planning on launching it soon. Can wait until after this game if people want.

1 Like

Do yours.