Consulting the Stars: Indicators of WWIII

So I'm driving in Research Park at 6PM (to go to a tech talk at the local biotech institute) and it's bumper to bumper traffic. Research park is completely dominated by BAE Systems, Raytheon, Leidos, Northrupp these types.

Getting into Research Park off i565 was impossible -- it's joined up to the local military base.

Wasn't like this during Ukraine at all.

1 Like

@insom bet you wish Trump was president now LMAO

fuck yea babe a good thread just dropped

Guys we can bleed Russia dry with Ukrainian souls -- that's great, we no longer have parts to defend Israel, Ukraine, and Taiwan at the same time. There's nothing left. LMAO

you should link some more war games where we lose taiwan with starting conditions like "oops we lost an entire carrier group" or "uh oh the chinese snuck in at night when no one was looking lol". im sure the nation has never successfully conducted an amphibious operation will be very competent, even look at their camo, it's blue because marines go in the water!

2 Likes

lets go im ready for another one of these threads

1 Like

the war games specifically in regards to taiwan are actually the opposite: we start with marines stationed on taiwan or something already

that was considered an automatic win condition not a prerequisite for the games

CSIS developed a wargame for a Chinese amphibious invasion of Taiwan and ran it 24 times. In most scenarios, the United States/Taiwan/Japan defeated a conventional amphibious invasion by China and maintained an autonomous Taiwan. However, this defense came at high cost. The United States and its allies lost dozens of ships, hundreds of aircraft, and tens of thousands of servicemembers. Taiwan saw its economy devastated. Further, the high losses damaged the U.S. global position for many years. China also lost heavily, and failure to occupy Taiwan might destabilize Chinese Communist Party rule. Victory is therefore not enough. The United States needs to strengthen deterrence immediately.

anything of value isn't really announced publicly.

im on the fritz with my girlfriend so i cant really give much details but last I heard people were up at 3am trying to source screws from europe lmao

US war games are run with almost nigh impossible bad scenarios at the start to encourage theoretical solutions

china should sink a bunch of refrigerators into the sea and form an ice bridge

1 Like

no they aren't and that's propaganda.

US marines are trained with sticks and rocks to encourage theoretical solutions.

1 Like

uhh nah

yea because you train for the worst silly man. imagining the dragon coming to liberate the world from liberal us hell is a pipe dream, the dragon will be patient as it's always been and will never risk a move like this

everything ive ever read about us/nato wargames agrees with what osiris is saying

is that partly to go "oh look we lost we need more funding"? yeah i think so

but he's not wrong that is indeed what they do

every "wargame" osiris has read has been the output of a thinktank funded by raytheon that finds the "battle is even, but can be won if pour more money into it" because there's zero reason to invest in weapons if you can't fight and there's zero reason to invest if you can win with ease.