CulturedUrbanite VideoGame Selects.

A lot of consulting and design analysis done by @31.214.227.13-10350 for these builds.

Major September release next week.

3 Likes

Jones and Jewels 3.0

GameIcon

Programming & Design: @Vanilla_Town
Design Consulting & Play-testing: @31.214.227.13-10350, @Willy_711
GFX & SFX: @Vanilla_Town
Executive Producer & Publisher: @KurokyFan_2015

3 Likes

Me right nn.ow

Not a phone game.

Why not?

The game loop is from a phone game.

Not true. The concept was developed much before phones could ever play games.

What?

I died to the first enemy -- a bat.

1 Like

I feel like its very rng based, however this is a direct improvment over the old version. I see that this project is going the right direction, and im looking forward to buying this on steam for $2.49

1 Like

This was pretty much the last available "idea" and will most likely be the concept taken all the way to release.
From here on out the main development objectives will be refactoring code and mechanical gameplay polish/balance. For a proof of concept, I think it is fairly successful at conveying what the finished product could look like..

I do agree that the game seems to be hard to master for newer players.

2 Likes

The decision between "On-Rails" dungeons (as it is now) and having some sort of player control is to be considered.
Currently the game is a bit reminiscent of "Typing of the Dead", which is a quite funny thing to think about.

2 Likes

Perhaps it should be a cauldron of bats, since I don't usually fear a single bat and expect the battle to go in my favor.

2 Likes

Not funny.

1 Like

You're right, I should have been straight to the point -- it's just that certain starting enemies are significantly harder than others and it feels bad to die on the first enemy. The snake, for example, is easy to defeat.

Prove mathematically that the Bat is harder than the Snake.

If it's truly random with the colors -- I haven't played enough yet -- then it was just bad luck.