Determined [DAY 1]

We can stall out the game by not hitting any mafia -- we just have to no lynch every night.

1 Like

I don't think that works. 5 die = 2 town 2 mafia remaining. Mafia wins when they have majority - no mafia can be lynched (standard mafia rules)

1 Like

Mafia has no majority, they can't NK.

1 Like

2v2 is not a tie though? It's a loss

1 Like

How is it a loss, there's no NK. It's 2v2 forever. There's no majority for a lynch and there's no possibility of a NK -- the 5 have been expended.

1 Like

@Vanilla_Town should clarify that, but I think the setup would be flawed if it didn't end in mafias favor in that scenario

1 Like

Yeah Vanilla Town should change the rules because you couldn't convince people to lynch outside of the list.

1 Like

I'm not even playing to the "no-lynch" forced tie either, I'm saying we lynch you and potentially avoid it all-together.

1 Like

In most games, when town no longer has majority it's an automatic loss, regardless of circumstance.

1 Like

Think you are significantly more likely to be on lists than me

2 Likes

Hey When Your Were Cooking Up This Game With JCrispy Did You Define Majority As X = X?

2 Likes

JCrispy was not involved in the creation of this mafia game.

3 Likes

If we're playing by your strategy (disregarding likely D1 targets), I'm not even a good lynch.

1 Like

Broken Ass Mafia Game LMAO

1 Like

According to the Wikipedia page of Mafia (party game):

The game continues until a faction achieves its win-condition; for the village, this usually means eliminating the evil minority, while for the minority, this usually means reaching numerical parity with the village and eliminating any rival evil groups.

3 Likes

Good To See The Mafia Chat (sdadasdasdasd) Is Crying to NmAgnae rihgt now.

2 Likes

Alright -- so we're playing to Numerical Parity.

2 Likes

Here's a question: say it's a 2v2 and one player is a day shot vigilante -- does the game end then?

1 Like

also on the question you asked me earlier, I would probably lynch in a 5v2 scenario.

letting the clock run down while (presumably) good players die 1 by 1 does not seem like a viable strategy, and we'd still have an extra life unless they hit exactly their d2 (which is no longer the case in d3 or d4)

1 Like

@Tywin is subbing for me. Best of Luck To Town!

3 Likes