dotakyle GAME day 3

Hell yeah brother, cheers from Iraq

Sure a win is a win but youā€™re supposed to reflect on how and why so that you can get better at recreating wins.

2 Likes

my reflection for my next game is i will shut the fuck up and let everyone else play and read off that.

2 Likes

Regardless of the outcome you lowered town EV a lot. If Osiris was a mislynch it's pretty much autoloss. If the bazingaboy lynch went through, which was very close to happening, it would have been close to autoloss. Not to mention you still got lynched. If the night kills made sense this would have been a hard game. I guess it makes sense that the people of this website are encouraging you to play like this but it doesn't make you a good mafia player lol

Everyone has their own play style.
The goal of this game is to win, and to have fun.
Don't take games too seriously.

But overall, I agree with you.

its friendly competition but i think that aspect is important, to encourage people to try and improve their play on some level. also winning feels like more fun than losing idk lol

I donā€™t actually think Iā€™m a good player lol

but I think my play was correct and I donā€™t think ā€œif my top scumread was town we loseā€ is a good argument, I made a good read and it helped us win. And your entire game revolved around killing me even before I softclaimed, when I was town.

my reads were better than yours even if my ability to towntell myself wasnt good

you might be right but i thought about it and think being townread as town is probably even more important than having good reads.

like as long as you dont lead town down the wrong path it's not as big of a concern. if you're a high townread player mafia cant do a thing to you, especially in a PR-laden game. and if they kill you for your high townread or to use your reads to frame someone, congrats you took a nightkill as a VT and your bad reads won't be there tomorrow. and once you get more info your reads could become better

1 Like

Conversely your reads could be better than others if others are better at towntelling than you.

I donā€™t think it was the correct play, but I do think it was correct for you to force new avenues in your game play. Really the point of me saying this is to stress that even though youā€™re getting some flak there is serious merit to the feedback and thatā€™s all part of what you can use to shape your playing.

1 Like

everyone plays a different way and as long as it works for them then im happy for them

does feel good when the reads are good tho

@SOPHIE tell me. honestly.

did you think i was scum reading kat and believing your narrative that he was being fed info?

last round it was hard to say but somewhere between the beginning and end of the day i figured my goal was to be townread by you on some level and flip you so i could frame kkat. I really didn't have any evidence of katsu's lie and really believed iaafr's fakeclaim because i figured katsu was purple watcher and being fed info, because he was honestly playing so well

that and his weird train onto me with you hopping on was sus. then i remembered thats a u thing

i just wanted to bone u in the end. iaafr ruined it all

thats kinda why i was rushing the lynch

you were clearly acting weird and sealing your fate while you townread me was a significant aspect of what i was going for

at least i got iaafr. in graveyard he was very certain that i believed him LMAO