dotakyle mafia signup/brainstorm

I have never actually told the whole story of what happened with The Thing Mafia

I believe several people never got their accounts back after that

i would like to encourage actual rp in the game. not like to a level where it gets unplayable but a fun amount at least. thats why i thought side quests would be fine. they dont actually grant you a victory or anything theyre just for fun

and ultimately you only win if ur team wins, the quest is nothing really.

I thought about something similar before. A closed setup where people have hidden objectives they need to fulfill to gain ingame advantages (example: Survive for 1 hour being 1 off hammer - gain the power to instantly lynch someone)

Be targeted by 2 different night actions - Nullify both and gain the abilities to use the next night.

Never have a lynch placed on you - Gain a bulletproof vest the following night

The problem with all these - as others have mentioned - is while they are fun, they contribute to worse games because town player are going to be doing things other than try to play good town and scum have a very easy excuse to do dumb shit which isn't at all towny but then look towny by saying they're just playing to their side quest condition

then those people wont be voted mvp. if side quests revolve around good town play then whats the issue?

How can people accurately judge the mvp when they don't know the roles?

MVP should be the person who is voted as to the MVP of that day.

could be MVP grants u power role. could be some sidequest just relates to power role iunno. thats whyu im asking other ppl to offer ideas

How would people be able to judge a MVP without knowing the whole narrative?

... by saying so and so played well today... im not sure what youre asking here

i said earlier i wouldnt want ppl to vote based off someones power role bc then that becomes boring and defeats the purpose

Ban yourself

We should not call it MVP, it is confusing

It is the person we (the Fellowship of the Ring) trust the most to carry the One Ring for that night. The person whose heart is most pure.

1 Like

id say i explained it but sure we'll just call it ring bearer for the night lmao

so the issue with making the ring give power is ppl will wanna vote for the person with the "best" role for the situation instead of just voting for the person whos most valuable then.

maybe ring bearer can charge someone 1 person up?

i think u guys are overestimating how much ppl will grief if given meaningless side roles like

sam; frodo makes it to final day

like i doubt sam is really gonna not vote off frodo if frodo is his top mafia read simply beacuse of a sidequest that wins u nothing

See post where I suggest 'role' is attached to the ring and not to the person

So we all are VT but when we get the ring we get, for that night:

• night protection
  • choose one of the following:
    [ 1 cop check, watcher, tracker, janitor, transporter, blah blah blah]
  • maybe something else

Potential powers shouldn't be too strong because u dnt want it to be swingy/ want it to be mostly vanilla

But also if u think about it I feel there needs to be more than 1 ring. There aren't really good mafia roles for mafia to get if nobody else is using a power (RB in a game with only 1 ring = does nothing. Janitor in VT game = does nothing)

which is why i lean towards just having fun side quests. they feel like you have a role but youre really just vanilla.

ring bearer/mvp just makes it so mafia dont jhust target active town