Finances General

Control service spending.
This is what most young millennial peeps struggle with they dont want to do things themselves.
When you eliminate Uber, Uber eats, house keeping and whatever other service spending you like to do you will have to do them yourself. But by doing them yourself you are saving a great amount of money. Instead of realizing the saving they usually justify this spending with the classic I make 25 dollars an hour if i pay someone to do something im saving time thus its saving money because im worth 25 an hour.
This is wrong because you are only worth 25 dollars an hour for certain hours within a day, and unless you are doing some mean freelance while you are ordering your uber to go to your homies house you are spending a lot of money.

i have a friend who cabs it to my boys crib and back and he doesnt see how that 40 dollars a week turns into 160 a month that can be saved or invested else where.

Always save money by being your own service.

Put everything in cash and inverse etfs so when the market crashes you will still have something left over

buy bitcoin

1 Like

Think about it. To the average person getting “returns” from an investment is meaningless. Your life isn’t going to be impacted in any particular way by your $2.11 in robinhood appl shares that became $2.50 overnight.

However, a financial crisis is devastating. You could lose your job. It would have huge impact on your day-to-day life.

So this advice is actually pretty good - you just keep a small short position on the entire market to hedge your greatest “investment,” which is yourself and your career, being essentially a long position on employment continuing to be good and the economy not suddenly entering a depression.

I thought you had to buy more than a couple bucks of a share on robinhood. Thats a fun idea, i think ill do that

You mispelled telcoin but okay

idk what the minimum deposit is but I know you can do under $500 for sure

A hard way to look at finances is to understand unless you are saving money you will be working for the rest of your life not out of want, but out of need, and that is no good.

I feel bad for my family, its very hard for me to get them to understand they are on route to work forever. In the end I will be the one who will have to save them. So i am doing my best to make sure i can.

don’t trade stocks, options, crypto or any of the shit. it’s for suckers and the vast majority of people aren’t +ev

Nice ur gonna spend a mans $

Start an Acorns account and let them do the work for you

Yeah I was only expressing interest because I wanted to follow the markets a bit closer. Its a pretty worthless idea for generating cash but it seems like a great way to force yourself to keep an eye on market trends.

One good thing to do is roth ira, invest and hold stocks for a long time. Holding stocks is a good way to counter inflation

Stocks are like real life pvp for civilized peoples

yeah stocks and markets are fun but you lose money unless you go full autismo on it and just devote 80 hours a week to constantly reading shit

You guys don’t want market exposure - even just “following it more closely” - when it crashes it will affect your mood negatively

a crashed market is a ocean of opportunity. so having side money saved up can make you rich when it starts to boom again.

The mistake people make is the keep expecting it to crash, and when it doesnt they are left with inflated currency worth half of what it used to be when they hoped for the market crash.

Try and cover all bases.

time in the market is a fucking meme dude what good does turning 15k into a million bucks do if I have to spend it in 40 years

Thats why I wanted miniscule amounts and shit. And i probably wouldnt regularly trade at all, mostly just want to hodl innovative companies that have strong growth potential. Start tiny and maybe if I like them I can go a but deeper later, but 2 bucks here and there shouldnt effect my mood or im more Jewish than I thought