Gamers Thread

aight copped the sekiro from black market and it's just too hard for me, controls are awkward on keyboard/mouse obviously

rather watch streams

yeah controls way better w a controller but atleast ur man enough to admit u dont feel like gitting gud to play them.

it's a learning curve worth exploring tho imo. once you get the hang of it and everything clicks the experience is pretty awesome and you'll feel motivated to try the other titles. reminds me of being a wee lad trying to play games made for adults.

also just from what ive heard (cuz im avoiding spoilers) sekiro has different, more complex mechanics than Dark souls. I find parrying to be pretty difficult for me so i dunno how much ill like it, in dark souls i do 0 IQ Guts Large Sword gameplay and i have a great simple time. i think you should try DS3 tho, just to get you hooked on the genre

also dont feel bad about looking up a guide when you dont know where you should be going in games like DS1, BB, some of DS3, only idiots or kids think its worth investing time to aimlessly wander and suffer until they find the right path

also ur a yuro you would probably like the yuro aesthetic of DS more

Are you playing sekiro now dan? I think I might buy it this weekend

sekiro's all about parrying, takes a while to get even remotely used to it

not playing sekiro until i finish bloodborne, otherwise i may never finish it

yeah i just dont see the appeal of playing sekiro if youre new to the Genre, this is like the next meta step in it. Definitely play dark souls so you get used to being punished for making mistakes, learn to play around different kinds of enemies and approach situations etc and u can worry about the parry shit after

What I read is sekiro is different and you need different instincts to play it

i'm familiar with souls and witcher games, my friend was a huge fan - rarely played myself tho, was fun enough to watch him struggle

sekiro seems just more interesting, it's way more difficult than souls, you can't grind XP/gear

yeah, youll have to understand stances but im guessing that its probably not much deeper than the kinda shit in BOTW or for honor

yep the posture-parry mechanic is very heavy on reflexes/muscle memory

yeah i was just looking to get you into them because i picked up dark souls around the time when my depression was still pretty bad and i felt like learning to tackle the games gave me more confidence in the real world for whatever dumb reason lmao.

from what im reading sekiros added complexity just comes from having to press a more complex set of buttons to press to win versus only pressing circle to roll to safety in DS. i'd still play those before sekiro even if it is more appealing. I found DS's gear/xp system to be just fine anyways, the games are still very difficult enough if youre not purposing overleveling or finding the best shit. i just think sekiros made for genre vets

I like sekiro more than souls personally. Parrying feels really fucking satisfying and getting a chain of perfect parries into an execution is awesome. The bosses are better designed as well since without having to wonder if the entire fight gets cheesed by iframes or even different weapons

i do like the iframes change. always thought that was stupid

Im not done with sekiro yet tho prob like 70% through but enjoy it more

im excited but i got so much more bloodborne to go fucking yikes

https://twitter.com/NYPD19Pct/status/1110650161167040512