Gamers Thread

Yes it was

It lasted for many years without any injection of money from Valve or anyone else

Youā€™re stealing my ā€œnot sustainableā€ argument about the artificial inflated blizz scenes from earlier in the thread and vomiting my words back at me in poorly-constructed non-arguments

In fact I believe the TF2 scene is still going

Somewhat diminished - but the main factor in diminishing it was the growth of overwatch and blizzardā€™s blatant poaching of top tf2 players using promises of filling their pockets with blizzmoney

No, no one could sustain themselves on it. Here's a reference:

Click on any of the top earning players. They're pulling in like 4k a year, max

So youā€™re once again judging the scene by whether people make a living from it

Which is retarded and has already been addressed in this thread

1 Like

I dont want to discuss anything with ewiz guys can somebody else respond to this crap

1 Like

No, thatā€™s what sustainable means. Whether the top of the game can make a living from it. Otherwise, they have to get jobs and wonā€™t be able to compete anymore (or at least not at the top level)

They competed at the top level for many years while having jobs/school/gym whatever else

Whether or not a person makes money from a game isnā€™t a determining factor of whether the gameā€™s scene is ā€œsustainableā€

A ten-year history of successful free leagues and tournaments with very little money involved at all is the clearest indicator something was ā€œsustainableā€

Most games where the people are making a living are not ā€œsustainableā€ because they have been artificially inflated by marketing money and the players are being conditioned to believe you can play the game and make a living for the long term (you canā€™t). Then, when it all comes crashing down, as we saw in the events prompting this discussion, suddenly the scene and the players go down with it. This is the very definition of ā€œnot sustainableā€

In conclusion enjoy your garbage semantics discussions - youā€™re wrong about everything, all the time, and itā€™s the worst.

Smash wasnā€™t (and isnā€™t even now, based on prize money alone) sustainable either by that definition then.

http://www.teamfortress.tv/50720/kendrick-lamar

? Between organization sponsorships, YouTube content and twitch streams ur wrong if you think the top players canā€™t make a living off smash or really just about any popular competitive game these days

Yesterday when I was complaining I went to go check tf.tv and saw a team I used to play with of old regulars post a Lfp thread. I think that dumbass tf2 I clipped one time was in a game with them. Thinking about hitting them up for old times sake but id rather.not reinvest myself in that game

Seagull used to play tf2 for years in relative obscurity, maybe hell come back and bring his new oberWAtch viewers with him now that blactivision has shown they donā€™t give a shit anymore

Did you not read ā€œBased on prize money aloneā€?

It was in parentheses so I didnā€™t think it was vital to your argument that smash isnā€™t sustainable and therefore ignored it

SHOW ME YOUR GAMES CYPHER AND THEN YOU CAN TALK ABOUT ORGANIC BITCH

1 Like

I finished Katamari (remastered edition) for the first time today - it was alright, not bad.

Waiting for Dark Souls 4.

Available: March 22, 2019

Sigh

I think kingdom hearts speedrunning scene is for sure the most organic scene out of any of them