Gamers Thread

yep. our dad was a big mac guy, and we really didn’t have anywhere to get games - our best bet was the internet (which we weren’t too good at), or the CD’s that shipped with the magazines he ordered about computers, which was our main way of finding them. We didn’t even know about DOOM or starcraft until we were shown by our grandfather or childhood friends (our dad wasn’t really into games)

grandfather died 5 years ago, but he’s probably the smartest man I might ever meet. he worked on the coding for the NASA moon landings (no bullshit)… and quit some insanely high paying job just because his boss wouldn’t stop asking him to play chess (He beat his boss everytime, but hated the game with a passion). 2 days later a headhunter showed up to his door with another great job.

He showed us warcraft 3, doom, and Myst which solidified all of our interests in games and puzzles.

4 Likes
1 Like

one of those 4 person games where you could all use the same keyboard, that was the best shit until we started having enough computers for us to all plug them in to each other and use ethernet/AppleTalk or whatever they called it.

nice music

1 Like

For some reason we had Stella with like 100 atari roms - no idea where we got those from - and my brother and I played those games 2 player on the same keyboard too.

1 Like

yeah that game is really cute. @anon_yang Did you ever play the game BOLO? I think it was a dos game that got ported to the early macs - we used to have 4 man games with our dad, it was super fun.

i guess this or DOOM 1 on my grandpas comp. was the first fps game i’d ever play.

Pretty sure this game was the pre-cursor/inspiration for the Halo games.

Didn’t play Bolo. I played Rescue Rover 1 and 2, Skyroads, jazz jackrabbit, some digging game

obviously stuff like commander keen - “Danger Dave” - and more

great now i have 4 tabs open that say something like “list of old mac games”.

send me some videos of your old fave games from super long ago!

this is a lil later i think but anyone play gizmos and gadgets as a kid?

played the fuck out of that game

damn skyroads looked sick, and the soundtrack is really neat… there’s something cheeky about old game music, it always sounds so innocent!

unfortunately it’s the hardest game ever created

Sim Ant - i know this one was on windows

BOOM - i guess a multiplayer sort of bomberman rip, we used to play this 3x people 1 keyboard. soundtrack is incredibly catchy and the game made for a lot of laughs when you’d inevitably blow your entire team up.

Nanosaur - shit now THIS one was a huge gamechanger (when i heard there was a nanosaur 2 or 3 coming out, whatever, i looked for news about it like every week). the graphics were amazing for the time and the gameplay was really fun.

Also played the sh*t out of this on the windows machine - but it was a bit after DOS.

1 Like