Gamers Thread

i mentioned the show before

its stupid and you dont need to watch more than the first episode to get the point, even then someone can just tell you, marie kondo thinks you should get rid of everything that is unimportant to you. it makes sense and more people should probably get rid of their extra shit altho it isnt lifechanigng and the show oversells it hard

also unrelated but me and my watch buddy have an inkling suspicion that the chick from the first episode was actually in an abusive relationship lol

just make sure everything in your life sparks joy. If it doesn’t, toss it

1 Like

i got a few things you can touch if you wanna spark some joy up in my marie kondo bb

I get it. Because she’s a girl she should have random people turning all her posts into sexual comments :joy::rofl: Good joke

If a post doesn’t spark joy, get rid of it.

I didn’t watch the first episode but I chose the one with the woman whose husband died and it was a little annoying how all the major plot development happened off camera

Plot summary:

-Introduce middle aged woman and her family/personal drama
-Enter Marie, who does some weird praying thing in the house and can’t speak english
-Start cleaning closet. “Oh, you’re good at this.” Timeskip 1 wk and she cleaned the closet with no trouble
-Marie returns to look at books and old lady says she was mentally prepared to do her husband’s clothes next, though marie doesnt recommend this until the end. Marie says OK and old lady asks to do it privately. Time skip another week.
-Pattern continues of introducing a small space, 2 mins of marie looking at it, then timeskip while old lady cleans it on her own.
-At the end, they walk around the house and remark on how it’s now clean.

I feel that the episode would have been a lot stronger if they spent more time on the individual items and decisions involved, the stories behind the items, basically all the personal elements and little internal personal dramas. I’m sure she had tons of items with stories behind them, but instead of showing us these stories, they just kept saying to each other “There are a lot of stories here. We have a lot of items with stories behind them.”

Lastly I will say that there is something about post-menopausal woman that I find really attractive on a personal level. They just seem zen and like they’ve got their shit figured out. I’ve noticed this many times in life and I am wondering if I should make more friends with post-menopausal women.

I was going to watch the student one next and I guess I’ll watch the abusive relationship one because that sounds interesting

I was kind of looking for personal stories here and I guess some motivation to clean my own place (I left my dirty dishes from dinner in the sink last night - feeling a little down about this) but so far I haven’t been particularly thrilled with the show

Maybe this show is specifically for middle-aged moms

Like there’s something about this archetype of weirdly-immature-and-foreign-asian-girl-that-doesnt-speak-english-and-wants-to-clean-your-house (my own term) that specifically appeals to this age group

Suppose you could say the same point about young men and Petersen’s paternal-and-slightly-judgmental-conservative-father-figure archetype

Is “Clean up your room” in fact just a voice in our head and each of us is looking to externalize it onto the most appropriate embodiment of that voice?

If so, what do young women need? A slightly-overweight maternal figure that says things like “Stop being such a slut” and “Don’t eat that sweetie you’ll lose your figure?”

Nothing in my life sparks joy except for that one time when I squished a mouse like a bug

That post sparked some joy in my pants

Watched it and yeah

Wouldn't say for sure she's a battered woman or something but it's clear they both have some issues managing stress

Actually I slowed it down from 4x to pick up that comment in the garage wth is that lol

“Babe you were super hot on our wedding day”

Like lol they are both neurotic and clearly feeding off each other

That guy’s a cunt lbr

Yeah honestly thats where I got most of my kicks. I cant stand watching this shit but its pretty funny to see two dumbass Texans trying to convince eachother that theyre in love or some shit

Our suspicion of the chick getting hit came from how she’s got a busted lip at the end and they never mention it lol

i’m bored, whats something to play in the same vein of HL2/fallout new vegas/idk

Metro is probably good for the Fps, but if you were willing to play hack n slashes theres plenty of good ones to dick around in like nioh, nier. Dunno if youve upgraded your rig at all but the new resident evil games pretty tight and the newest DMC is also getting rave reviews, both are cracked.

https://twitter.com/iconoclast575/status/1104546345027813376

i can’t play anything newish cause i dont get the adequate frames and it hurts my eyes

my computers a potato i can’t run apex