GranDGranT Gone

lmfao fuck the smash community.

Them ■■■■■■ been running trains on young girls all day.

1 Like

I thought the biggest controversy about Smash was the players who stank really bad.

1 Like

Does anyone else hate the "here's the suicide hotline for a bunch of countries" posts that appear at the top of every reddit thread about this stuff

It feels super condescending and slacktivist and always gets a ton of support

Also applies to the people who post domestic abuse hotlines in the relevant threads - it's like "Sorry to hear about your situation, here's a comment I copy pasted in 10 other similar threads, hope that helps!"

The alternative is no one posts it and no one sees it and then at least 1 person does go on to suicide

So very low on the totem of things worth getting upset about

2 Likes

Yea

This is sad and frustrating. Community's need to do a better job looking out for one another, especially the more vulnerable. Do you really want this type of stuff to be the culture of your community?

This must be incredibly frustrating for developers and people just trying to create/play awesome games. Like...how do you even begin to address or fix problems like this in the community, and why is it so predominant across similar communities. What do they all have in common?

Simple shit like even getting people to take showers and wear deodorant is a problem across a lot of communities. Imagine having to actually divert time and resources away from making games or events to have to tell people they need to practice basic hygiene, because the smell is becoming problematic.

Now I'm thinking about some comic con/board game/card game communities that probably share a lot of similarities or overlap with video game communities. Anyone remember that one guy who went to a MTG tournament and took pictures next to everyone's asscracks that were hanging out?

Shit is embarrassing to be associated with, but that guy is also fucking hilarious.

nobody wants to say it but im pretty sure the anime scene is far worse. its lots of sexually frustrated late 20s dude who often openly sexually worship charcters and a lot of really innocent teenage girls/boys who are just into being an otaku

“loli” is hardly even taboo to some of them

i dont mean this as an attack on ppl who watch anime just that a really slimy minority exists and is growing unchecked by the day

i wonder if metoo stories about anime conventions will start coming out, i imagine it will be just as bad or worse than smash

3 Likes

Yeah the asscrack photos were hilarious

I think it’s time we acknowledge the truth: gamers are bad

2 Likes

Yeah maybe but I feel like anime watchers don't have that same access to a community of young kids - and there are maybe fewer power structures

one fringe internet community I would wonder about is furries - they are already known for their conventions basically being depraved sex parties (responsible for a resurgence of HIV) - wouldnt be surprised if there's some crazy shit to come out there

1 Like

But in all reality every other industry is just as shitty and corrupt as these, it’s just the film industry and political industry and etc etc have gatekeepers at the top that are so powerful, these allegations rarely come out and if one does pressure is often reapplied to others in the same situation. I mean we have a literal rapist and pedo as a president shits wild

2 Likes

as much as i hate blizzard and riot and all their stupid bullshit the way they put an emphasis on inclusion and crack down harder on bullying is the way forward

the reckful suicide is really sad, dude became the biggest meme ever after missing a lethal in hearthstone blizzcon, nobody ever let him live it down

sounds like he had a lot of complex problems but fuck im sure that did not help

kinda changes the way i feel about flaming and stuff

The worst that happens for outing in a gamer community is ostracization. In the other ones you could straight up get suicided if the person is powerful enough

1 Like

Yeah dude I went to a hospital once and they just put me in a mental ward and traumatized me even more

Gave me some medication that gave me restless leg syndrome.

So I just walked up and down the short hallway in the ward for hours.

Barefoot

Then you want nothing else but to be able to leave.

But you look crazy because you have restless leg syndrome and are stuck inside of a tiny room where you can't sleep because everyone there snores like madmen (which is probably what led to the development of the conditions that put them in there)

So you try really hard to look sane so that they will actually let you leave. You literally are a prisoner until some psych says you are sane.

HOWEVER, if you have insurance you will be kept longer. If you don't have insurance you could just leave the next day

1 Like

What they didn't give u the little socks bro? I had mine for a few years

i think i need to not be on twitter/online for a bit. this shit is getting to me a lot tbqh

1 Like

i took a twitter break for months and i barely go on still, i'd say its good to do

imagine a known bipolar person tweeting during a manic episode and then replying with 'wow ur a crazy idiot' and then he kills himself and then being all suprrised pikachu about it.

im not trying to say those people caused his suicide or anything but its just like so incredibly shitty that people would do that.