JDIP-001 Jdance Improvement Proposal

Here's the bet. We will roll 5 d100s. You get 200 guesses to predict the sum of those rolls. If you fail you are banned for the number of months difference between the sum and your closest bet.

has this occurred before?

No this would be the first. My invention but open to suggestions on how to improve it. We want to make sure it is maximally fair to jdance

@iNDo0R_5T0RM I would encourage you to berate the fuck out of hbotz before he infests this thread like the parasite he is

i think you guess every other number and get banned for 0-1 months.

• please migrate any improvement proposals (GWIP) for your project to a separate thread so as not to clutter this one.
2 Likes

i think the problem with that distribution is that the probability dropoff is steady so its kind of uninteresting. we need like a constant 5% chance of permaban or something so its exciting

@iNDo0R_5T0RM try Wittgenstein thread probably

@big_ass i will think on it. it would also be cool to make it pvp so jdance is playing against someone and if they hit all the highrolls he gets permabanned

What alternative would you suggest?

To avoid derailing the thread further you could edit it into the post I am replying to - I would then edit my response to your edit into this post and so on, so we would only take up two posts in the thread

edit1 sounds good. That is typically how ban bets work (pvp). It is a challenge between users and if the person who took the bet wins, the challenger (loser) gets banned. Helps if your win condition is binary

If you would like I can write an improvement proposal to correct @hbotz's deficiencies, as it stands I need to collect more data on this user before I can proceed.

Please, peruse his posts. He's far worse than jdance and his improvement would benefit the forum in a much greater manner

Good god what the fuck happened here? There's so many posts can you give me a map or something?

https://namafia.com/t/wittgensteins-philosophical-investigations-book-commentary

I'm not sure what this passage means, but it's immediately drained any ambition I might have had to peruse any further.

Counter-Proposal

Recent research has suggested @electrowizard is, in fact, the user most in need of improvement.

Quarterly likes-per-post reports through the month of August place him significantly below the norm - so much so that I wonder if he can even be helped or if his sorry condition is just permanently baked in to his personality.

I think the forum as a whole would greatly benefit from any suggestions you guys may have to help Ewiz improve his posting quality. Special preference will be given to suggestions of books to read (our subject is quite the little bookworm).

Just charged 1.5 hours to the JDIP account. I am autistic and I am going to be late to the scrum meeting

1 Like

well, basically i said something to the effect of "philosophy is dumb all the answers are easy lol" and argued with ewiz about philosophy for hours on end over the course of some weeks.

what i meant by the passage you quoted is that the philosophers are considering language in a metaphysical sense. but i dont really buy that because whatever language is its implemented in human brains which are physical objects. of course you can construct a theoretical models of language which might help you predict how language works empirically and might even give you insight into the structure of cognition, but actual language is not in itself metaphysical.

you're like a closeted autist, this is a real professional autist:

1 Like

:pensive: if only i were being paid

I changed my mind, don't explain any further, it's not necessary to my understanding of what's transpired here.

1 Like

Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations is the God is a Lobster thread, right? That thread definitely gets better after the first 700 posts

unraveling the mysteries of "hbotzlinquistics" and formulating an hbotz improvment proposal has stalled and will not proceed without a valid charge code

i will consider this a victory then