LAWL NA DOTA ELITE R TRASH

Because they think they are worth $5k per player a month

I’m willing to bet that was just a starting point and they’d accept a fair bit less. Just not literally next to nothing.

Cis ghetto lol

They probably would. Thing is they actually believe it's what they are worth. Their reason? Some one offered it once to some one.

Can they prove it mathematically? No way.

Their values are based on speculative investor capital. Unfortunately they can't connect the dots where every org that's come in paying that type of money has failed to make a return. Why, what's the biggest expense of an org? The players. Not even Jeremy Lin could do it.

Now with covid all the investors are investing in their homes.

Incredibly. Hot women though

Cool well they’re allowed to feel that way and I don’t see the point in mocking them

Once upon a time Quincy Crew would have had a very low ‘value’ as a team, they turned down sponsorships (which almost always try to lock the players in for 1 year, have dozens of clauses that allow the org to withhold payment, and ask for prizemoney %)

Now they’re one top 6 finish at TI away from most likely signing with a pretty nice org

1 Like

not to mention “you must legally stream for X hours per month to get your salary” clauses which im pretty sure single handedly killed Arteezy’s enjoyment of streaming forever

Again you don't get it.

I've run the numbers it's impossible to make a return in NA paying what they expect due to domestic viewership numbers.

NA 15k in DPC tier 1 viewers. They are worth maybe 5k. MAYBe with major numbers.

Again that's silly. Each player has different social media numbers. You can't count each equally.

The return you get is by having the capital to offer high salary, stability, and housing to a team that either A. had massive streamers paying you a % of stream earnings or B. has a high chance of top 8 at majors/TI, giving you a % of that.

DotA is just not a game small orgs can succeed in

EG doesn't even make a profit.

Just read what you said again. I'm going to sleep gg

yeah the old “assign all your excess profit into bonuses and salaries and ‘business expenses so technically you didn’t make any profit and don’t have to pay taxes on it”.

it’s the same thing many ‘non profit’ charitable organisations do

Love that movie, it’s so rewatchable, just cheers me up every time

it makes even less sense with DPC....

especially if you want a cut of the winnings lol

$500 for 10% winnings or $35000 for 10% winnings xD

The math is against NA in every way possible cuz they pussy bitches who dont have the balls to boycott playing against SA

Beastcoast cheap labour house tour

Es muy grande dinero

No as in EG's business model is similar to UBER. Uber doesn't make a profit.

Lmao

I've never understood why a tier 2 professional Dota player feels that they are entitled to a living wage.