Legends of Runeterra

Same with underlords.

I hate games like underlords, and tft for mobile. It feels like they are trying to compress a desktop game into a mobile phone and not designing it for a mobile ui

The developers griefed the game.

Every single patch they changed the game massively so the fun decks you were playing last patch would not only be no longer viable, they actually would not exist. They would just completely rewrite cards and alter fundamental mechanics.

Then they would replace the fun creative decks with developer-driven design (think like how HS had dumb stuff like Inspire or Nzoth where there is no deckbuilding, the developers have built the deck for you by releasing a set of 30 cards built around one mechanic where the "strong" cards are very clearly better than anything else you can play - no thinking required)

And lastly they had no idea how to balance and would argue with players on social media when called out for dumb shit like basic math errors

Basically CDPR is an incompetent company that has barely skated by for years by making inexplicably good singleplayer blockbusters

But they have actually had several failed attempts at more competitive games and you can see even in their balancing of TW3 that they are pretty clueless when it comes to game design and balance. Their strength is in their worldbuilding and tbh a lot of that is Sapkowski and eastern euro culture and folklore being very palatable when presented to a western audience

But which patch was peak gwent tho?

I think peak was like late Beta when we were all playing and they hosted the first tournament

I've probably mentioned before but I had a really cool control deck built around drowners, moving enemy cards, and weather mechanics. I lost with it to TrumpHS on ladder a couple weeks before he went to that tournament and he ended up copying that deck and losing with it on the big stage.

That's my claim to gwent fame. That and antagonizing broodstar into writing 5000-word mechanics posts

yeah late beta. my claim to fame was hitting rank 1 early in one of the seasons

I forgot cdpr made that game lmO

we'll always remember you for the latter