Low Priority Day 3

This isn’t the correct way to do this poll

People aren’t assessed on “is it bad enough to do something” they’re assessed on whether they’re actually adding value

For example

• I would like to be moderated by lbj in the mafia subforum
  • I would prefer someone else

0 voters

What does lbj bring to the table aside from sour grapes over being called bad and a general shit attitude

There are several people whom I believe are better candidates and more worthy of being the sort of leader to set an example of good play but I actually think you should define a future-proof model for this instead of throwing someone in there because he’s mediocre enough

Ask people what they would like to do with mafia and what direction it should take in the long run

Engage those who are engaged with the idea of improvement

Lbj is devoid of potential in this area because he is not capable of abstract thought

1 Like

There is a greater problem with moderators as a whole on this site though and we will discuss as soon as I have time to make a thread

In the short run I suggest not modding people who are low iq or black and seeing where that takes you

Rulers have always preferred the dumb and loyal as the people to employ their rules and laws (just look at the police), knowing this - I’m not surprised in the slightest in the chosen moderator team.

The hell happened here

But whom would replace him anyways

Maybe the solutions some higher trust levels amongst our most responsible users like Klaze and 0 mod as you said

To me it’s not a question of which user but of whether the proper systems have been put in place

For example: I think whoever gets placed should have a term (3 months?) and if the person becomes a dick as a result of the small amount of power bestowed that person should be easy to remove (instead of the current situation where nothing is really outlined and you just have some guy for no reason)

To answer your question though - I would want to hear from some ppl like klaze and matthewcus on what their ideas are

3 Likes

We need checks and balances

Public moderation log and periodical reviews of all moderator activity by an oversight and compliance committee

Just ignore it

I was a dick before the power and I’m not gonna change just cuz I can now lock threads

You were a lovable idiot before - not the case now

I never wanted to be loved
Only feared

I don’t have any big issues with LuckyArtist as mod. The recent issue with mentioning another active game is mild since it will be rare, and I see other issues with playing in multiple games at once that might just make it better to have a rule that a player can only play in a single game at a time.

I’d prefer excluding as few people as possible, so over-moderation is something I fear. Other than that I hope the rules are enforced in a way that allows the majority of people to have fun.

Disclaimer that this post is filler since I tried to think of smart-person thoughts and couldn’t.

1 Like

Overall I had fun in the last two games and I’m glad that I finally got to see Benny and Nmagane accusing each other of being scum when they were both town.

2 Likes

Good responses. I am a little more community-oriented so I prefer to see moderators and leaders be people whom everyone can look up to and try to emulate - both in play and in general attitude towards others

Some people, like lbj and myself, clearly do not meet this standard, but it does not mean we shouldn’t try to find people who do and put systems in place to ensure the process continues to work