Mafia Championship Invite 2022

The dark horse

I just find it really uninteresting when the only stuff to talk about in the mafia game are what you had for lunch and the weather.

I agree that that part is boring. The fun part would be computationally solving Vanilla Mafia.

Agreed.
I have solved at least one true vanilla game by looking at the vote count and who got lynched.
Who voted on who on the first two days can solve a game on day 4 or 5.

The question here is this:

Who is willing to do this and commit to this task.

I just can't do it with my job and real life stuff.

You could just track the vote count and solve the game from there.
Most of the day 1 and 2 posts are fluff anyways.

Sounds like guesswork to me

that's gotta be mafia all star kat tho

1 Like

Maybe your right.

For what it's worth, people usually find a surprisingly high amount of game-relevant stuff to discuss, even in early days!!!

Votecounts can definitely be an extremely important tool in solving the game... or alternatively, become a crucial tool in the mafia strategy in deceiving the town!!

Regarding phase lengths, your rep can indicate their preferences for 12/12, 36/12, 48/24, and 72/24 (in hours) phases, which we'll take into account when scheduling them into their qualifier game!!!

4 Likes

Trust me, you don't need to explain this to us - we've been playing this for years and have a very strong grasp on Mafia nuance.
But, speaking only for myself, pure vanilla setups are in essence, more guesswork than deduction or induction.
You're playing chess with only pawns, and making up a story as you go - giving the pawns names and backgrounds, pawns kill each other, maybe two pawns will fall in love and get married... I don't like it. Sorry.

i'll play if no one else wants to

1 Like

we definitely have better gamers though

1 Like

Appreciate the response

No worries, that's entirely understandable; in my experience pure vanilla setups tend to be extremely controversial... a lot of people tend to either love them or hate them!!

I personally don't for either though; like other setups it's fun once in a while, though I wouldn't want to play it all the time, preferring to change it up once in a while!

1 Like

God bless you and your family forever. May your days be long and your hardships few.

5 Likes

send jdance just for the chaos

he doesn't play mafia anymore just world of warcraft by blizzard entertainment

At one point you were claiming that there were no roles in mafia and that it was all about psychology. You've inverted. Something changed.

1 Like

Does anyone want to go?
If so we need someone to decide soon.