Mafia Championship Invite 2022

@insom @SOPHIE

Last year we got in after the deadline. They stagger the starts of the games over several weeks.

1 Like

There's no shame if no one wants to play.
I don't want anyone to volunteer just because we have to send someone.

If no one wants to play, then we can forget about it and maybe send someone next year.

1 Like

Yes, there's always next year. We're here forever.

1 Like

Nothing lasts forever but the Earth and sky.

1 Like

Untrue, consciousness lasts forever

The main thing about the deadline of April 24th is that it's set to have all representatives send in their preferences of phase lengths/start dates/whatnot around then, so that those can be used to schedule qualifier games which accommodate for the preferences of reps!! I'm aiming for that scheduling to happen early in the week; if you end up deciding to send someone after that happens, we'd work to slot them into their preferred already-existing game, though that may not line up as well with their preferences!!!

While sure there's always next year, it would still be unfortunate not to see the community represented this season regardless, particularly with the interest already expressed in this thread thus far!!

2 Likes

This guy's clever. He figured it out while nobody else did.

The rogue user "fuckmafiauniverse" was a fictional creation with a fake background, a character intended to seem like a refugee from a different community (which worked surprisingly well). It does not reflect anybody's thoughts. He isn't real, I was roleplaying.

And I am not trolling, I am literally just posting my opinion (which you are now changing apparently, I suppose it is within your jurisdiction as admin to do that) which is and I reiterate: The best setups are the ones with a few PRs and the rest is Vanilla, I don't like all-PR games (Town of Salem, Throne of Lies) or Vanilla games.
I only posted Plain Jane because I thought it was most recent one since. Thank you for correcting me, but you could've done it in a much less aggressive manner.

2 Likes

Sorry for having a troll opinion in a thread discussing mafia guys. I stand corrected.
For the greater good I have decided:
I will play in the MU championship (despite (in typical troll fashion) not personally liking Vanilla games) - given that nobody else wishes to participate.
We must represent our community. But if you want me to troll in there too, I would be glad to do so - just say the word.

1 Like

Another option: Big Benny offers to represent NAMafiA, he actually favors and excels in vanilla games.

1 Like

big benny is a strong alias

2 Likes

Big benny offers to buy out the slot (in Euro) for the Mafia Championship. This is a serious offer to whomever it might concern.

1 Like

Sure if he wants to

I mean intention seems questionable here and I'd rather we don't have our rep zeused again but if Benny is well intentioned and playing to win I'm happy

Trust me, he would do anything to NOT get zeused - he wants to play and engage as much as possible. If you had forgotten, it's always been his dream to participate in mafia championships - he's made countless threads about it.

1 Like

I did forget if thats true.

would you be willing to tank a permaban in his place if he tried to gameruin?

unsure if what you said of benny's status was true but if it is it might be good for him to play.

Sure. You seem to want me banned anyway, but he won't ruin.

Then feel free to send his info to Arapocalypse. I think they'll want a bio too, you can have fun with that.

And I don't want to ban you but I don't want to moderate you (or really anyone) either. It would be ideal if you (and benny, by extension) got along with everyone and didn't try to fuck with people because I really like you at the end of the day.

@Arapocalypse
The representative for NAMAfiA:

MyGreatBlueBedroom

Hey, I was the most successful villager mafia user on namafia from 2018 to 2020. I deleted my account after a while as the pandemic took a severe toll on my mental health, however upon seeing my old stomping ground be invited to the mafia universe tournament, I would love to regain my title as the best mafia player on the site. My play style is a mix of social engineering on top of mathematical analysis (typically regarding vote count, though I also keep heavy record of user sentiment towards other users). I believe I am more than adequate for the position of representing namafia, and would love the chance to partake in the annual event that your community have so painstakingly organized. Thanks in advance

6 Likes