general hosting tips
- This is a link to the bot command list. Check it if you want to know how to do something as host.
- always post the VT pm if its flavored, posting all the pms is safest tho.
- to figure out the right order to resolve night actions in mafia, use this link
- have a graveyard for dead players or specs, and a second spoiler gy if people really wanna know. you can add people to your pm by starting the first one and then going to the messages part of your user dash to add or remove people from pms.
- create signup thread. create game thread. do n0 actions if they exist. reach out to mods if the hammer closes the game and u gotta do eod stuff. do n1 actions when youve gotten all actions or the time limit is up. try to have reasonable EODs. wow that's it
text formatting tips
- use # ## and ### to create headers. start all your paragraphs with it if you really wanna make sure theyre read.
- use enough dashes to create a divider.
- the [details] tag is really useful. Theres an explanation on how to use it well below.
- use colors to clearly indicate alignment. check the post below for how.
- use global timestamps to simplify EOD management for players that might not be north american or in your time zone. see below post for more info.
- [spoiler], [img], and text modification tools are available in whole. If you're on mobile you might only see the Sandwich menu (3 horiz dashes), press it to help craft your flavored game and access buttons for most of the mentioned [stuff]
- Hosting a game entitles you to a custom title next to your name. PM a mod your requested title.
- Flavor in the signup thread is always welcome and probably gets more people interested in your game.
- If you dont want emotes in your game use the game zone use the thread keyword 'emojiless' on your threads. use 'emojiplus' for bighead mode.
- if you want some inspiration for what setup you wanna do, theres a ton here at this link right here with a big range. And of course, the more games played with it gives the game a more accurate measure of how balanced it is. Some say that our players are so good that you might need to add an extra scum role or backup though.
- Host the game you want to host. It's your game, you deserve to define it as the one to valiantly shoulder the burden of running something for others. If it's a original setup, it's more than welcome, and as theres effort into balancing it and it works, the games will be guaranteed to be enjoyable. Just specify what aspects you want to introduce in your game in the signup thread atleast. Reach out to community pillar @iaafr for input on your setup