Mafia Rules

The game of flame.

Rules:

1. Roles will be decided after sign-ups. Each role is random. I will assign roles by giving each person a number and using random.org to generate a number for every role. If you get a role you don’t like, too bad.
  2. If you want to play, you must be active. This means a commitment of reading/replying to this thread at least once/day, but it will probably require more time than that.
  3. You may not collaborate with other players outside of this thread through PM, IRC, AIM, other forums threads, etc. This is on the honor system. The game is ruined if you cheat. Anyone who is found collaborating with other players will not only be banned from future Mafia games, but will also receive a permanent ban from the forums. Cheating is a waste of everyone’s time.
  4. Day voting lasts 24 hours. At the end of 24 hours, the plurality vote will be upheld. Night rounds end either once all applicable power roles have reported in or when 24 hours have passed, whichever comes first. If you are a power role and do not submit your night action before the night round ends, you will be banned from the next game.
  5. Night action order of precedence: Roleblocker > Jailkeeper > Tracker > Watcher > Doctor > Kill. All kills are executed simultaneously. A player who is killing someone while getting killed will still be successful in their kill (resulting in 2 deaths).
  6. There is no talking at night, period. Dead people cannot talk, period. If you break these rules, you will be banned from the next mafia game.
  7. No screenshots allowed for any purpose.
  8. Mafia Members (and Masons, if applicable in this scenario) have chat rooms for a reason. They are meant to stay private. Do not post anything from your chat room, or pretend to post anything from your chat room.
  9. When voting to lynch a player, please type their name in bold so it’s easier to differentiate official votes from normal discussion.
  10. Once the game starts, I will not answer questions that are asked in the game thread. If you ever have a question during the game, you can PM me to make sure you are not breaking any rules/understand how the game works. If I feel that my answer will be helpful to everyone playing (purely to understand the mechanics of the game, not to affect the outcome), I will then post it for everyone to see, so nobody will know who originally asked the question.