Mafiabot Code Questions

its that thing i talked about above

the bot currently handles game logic and user responses, i think we should separate the game logic into something else that communicates with mafiabot instead to clean up the code. we could separate it to some shit within mafiabot but with a server we could play mafia on alternative platforms and get farther away from being tied to discourse if theres some better community alternative we can port to in the future

Let me show you what happens while I'm here and posting. Now I've turned off the wifi. For some reason, it throws the same disconnect message twice. And now I'm hitting reply.

I will explain this in a minute.

Try turning on the wifi

Wifi? I'm only familiar with LoFi

hifi! nvm too slow haha

1 Like

I still laughed

Hubot was set up to injest coffee scripts I believe at the time.

All the links are in the readme if you bothered

1 Like

The hubot readme? I don't see that in there. There's also no link to the GitHub for the mafiabot in this thread, so I never saw your readme there

Not sure what you mean by CRUD, but I do mostly back end stuff with sql, python, and shell for my job.

I have tinkered a bit w front end development from the stove bot when I used the selenium web driver but that was primarily for my own fun, nothing related to work

I'm going to have a look over your posts again later today to try to understand what you guys are talking about. A lot of web Dev and swe jargon I'm not familiar with.

@SOPHIE do you currently have the ability to make changes to the mafiabot code base or do you push all of your changes thru rora? If it's the former, what's the process look like? Are you connecting directly to the web server via a terminal and changing the files and scripts?

create update and delete is crud