Mixed Signals: Post Game Analysis and Discussion

I meant that the host would do this in secrecy so that town wouldn't know. But after one time a meta would evolve for sure haha

Im touched, this is the day I finally change

2 Likes

Next year when the Mafia Universe Spectator Discord comes to our website to try to figure out why the player we sent is acting so strange:

I checked their latest game and on Day 1 3 people posted their role PM and said they wouldn't play any more - everybody just ignored it and nobody was zeused

Well you posted it in this thread so it's already not secret

Thank you

It would be best if the hosts had figured this out themselves, I agree

@lwyrup i would like access to graveyard chat

1 Like

Likewise

1 Like

That was definitely the most cheating we've had in a game in recent memory, and several players were taking full advantage of it. I want to know what impressions were had for those that leaned into it.

This is a bad way to have things set up imo. There needs to be clear global rules that are enforced by mods and only if the host explicitly overrides the rules in the setup should they have discretion on zeusing. As a host it felt like there were already very clear customs in place that were being followed so having not hosted there is not enough information in me to make a proper judgment. I didn't know why people were freaking out about fake pms being posted, pms that would take maybe 5 minutes including brainstorming to create. The town role pm was public so I thought it was absolutely clear anything besides that is a comical attempt to obfuscate or game ruin.

RE: 2, 3
Unless people can face a permanent/month+ ban then this is just a shitty wishlist. Anyone can attempt to game ruin any thread at any point via reactions or out of game interaction. Soul reads are 100x easier via voice too. Make clear global rules that are enforced by mods with clear consequences else game ruining will never end.

Osiris ought to have been excluded for months on top of being zeused for attempting to talk about mafia outside of the game that 1 time, nma ought to be permanently banned or left out for months for the emoji reactions. If there were clear rules this would be zero issue but there aren't or nobody is enforcing them so now you have a mess

Well I agree on paper, but in reality we like having those guys around and don't have a community at the size where you can exclude somebody for months over something like that.

We socially shamed osiris and it resolved the problem. Maybe you can shame NMA since it's your game and he cares about what you say. He is not going to be shamed by the Admin Epok into not Emoji Reacting in the Mafia Game.

The reason we say host discretion is that if, for example, Osiris the mod were to timeout Jcrispy and Kkat for posting after EOD1 this game, it would be unethical & gameruining because he is also an active player and it affects the game state. When a mod joins a mafia game, he becomes a player (not a mod/no different from the other users) and decision-making regarding rulebreaking falls to the host.

This is also why I prompt you to ask me to timeout nma until the game is over in the GY. I obviously think it is the right thing to do so he doesn't keep reacting with emojis giving away the mafia. But I am not going to do so without your go-ahead because to do so would affect game state and I am a player in the game.

post of the game

1 Like

Dude I really like the finite amount of signal, it makes it much more tactical because every single town can just save their signal up infinitely. I could have won that game if only one person saved signal, but there is no reason for town to spend their signal all at once until late game.

exactly, this is why nothing will ever change. didn't really want to spell that out lol

1 Like

Also I will say that the way stuff like this has been resolved in the past - at some point people just become tired enough of stuff they don't like (eg. Osiris deciding to take a break after this game) and people either stop playing or band together and ban the people who are griefing. But we have a high tolerance for grief

I'd really prefer if NMA just acknowledges he enjoys playing with these guys and decides he doesn't want to actively grief them out of the forum. But it can go either way, doesn't really matter - this website has gone through many phases like this.

Yes this applies also to NMAGane. I like playing with him and it is funny to see new and innovative ways of playing the game that all the goys consistently come up with

through my theorycrafting the ideal play would be spend 1 signal always in a chain, if anyone doesn't you lynch them. town can convert this to a vanilla setup but where mafia has more power so it's turbo mafia sided

mafia can win by playing well enough to not be voted d1/2 etc and then when it becomes lylo the strategy no longer works because mafia obviously dont care about being outed

Personally I don't care in my heart what happens in the game, I like the wild west type of environment, as long as people aren't leaving the game then nothing is wrong in my eyes. If something is against global rules or unspoken customs then ofc I would follow those cause my setup was very limited. It's why I asked for clarifications day1 about the pm stuff, I didn't know people would freak out over a 1min inspect element screenshot and I thought it was a joke like posting an off topic youtube video.

This would reveal who mafia is exactly if there's a way to see if people are banned, which idk if there. I knew he would probably stop after a few mins or tell someone the exact mafia and be done with it. He also has the login info of multiple accounts so he would just churn through those to ruin further. Ultimately he's doing it for attention and the only real solution is permanent bans or bans for the duration of games via clear guidelines that any mod would be able to enforce despite being in game as a player for either faction.

You don't have enough people to be able to throw out bad apples so not much you can do without risking the life of the forum

1 Like

All of the forum are bad apples we cant really start throwing anything out it's a slippery slope

I think it would be funny if we could develop a meta around fake role pms.

1 Like