Mixed Signals [SIGNUPS] [8.9/9~]

Mixed Signals

Welcome to the first of a standalone mafia trilogy by lwyrup. This is a simple mafia game with a simple twist.

THE SETUP:
7 TOWN
2 MAFIA
mafia have night chat

All players generate a SIGNAL POWER of 1.00 on day start. You may choose to lower your SIGNAL POWER to any number between 0 and your total POWER. ANY POWER NOT USED IS SAVED AND CARRIED FORWARD to the next day. The player lynched by the STRONGEST SIGNAL TOTAL is LYNCHED EOD. All lynches will have their powers shown EOD. The day ends at the day end time OR with a player majority vote, lynches are decided by the sum of the voter's power.

>DAY ENDS WITH A VOTE MAJORITY. SIGNAL STRENGTH DECIDES THE LYNCH.<

THIS IS THE VOTEPOWER CHANGE DM FORMAT:

Hello I'd like to adjust my signal strength to 0.00

gdiing to jangme my porewr to 2.01

The signal power must have 2 significant digits (2 numbers after the period total). The last DM received from the player before EOD will decide the signal power of the vote. Players will receive an update of their power privately on day start in the role pm.

• IF YOU DON'T ADJUST YOUR SIGNAL STRENGTH I WILL ASSUME IT'S THE LAST DM NUMBER YOU SENT ME
  • IF YOU DON'T EVER ADJUST YOUR SIGNAL STRENGTH EVER I WILL ASSUME 1.00
  • IF YOU ADJUST TO AN INVALID NUMBER (over your total) YOUR SIGNAL WILL BE SET TO WHATEVER YOUR MAX CAN BE

SAMPLE LYNCH EOD:

Vote Count

Lynch Votes SIGNAL Voters
vanilla_town 2 1.33 SuPA, KrazyKat
sophie 2 1.11 Vanilla_Town, SOPHIE
matticus 2 0.20 Osiris, bazingaboy

Not Voting: Matticus, JCrispy

=============================================================

Thank you and sign below. Game will likely start the first Friday after reaching 9 signs.

The town inside me
And everyone's voice
Only I'm not there
Just watching from afar

Me without me
I'm the one to blame

@KrazyKat
@You_lose_i_win
@LuckyArtist
@FrankGrimes
@big_ass
@insom
@bazingaboy
@Matticus

bros.

@mafiabot host

@mafiabot sign

@mafiabot slist

Signed Players

Vanilla_Town

f8830f80-8f39-11ed-a421-e1e0038de6f2

@mafiabot sign

@mafiabot sign

i dont understand the setup

@mafiabot sign

You can secretly adjust your vote power to be anything between 0 and 1, you can pretend to vote a guy but actually contribute 0.00 to the decision and store your own power and a day or 2 later blow a double or triple load. The game comes down to deciding how much vote power to spend on a lynch to secure it and trying to track who's saving votes and what alignment they are. Nobody knows how much people individually contribute to a lynch so if 3 people lynch someone for 0.00, 0.20 and 0.50 all people see EOD is the lynch was 0.70 signal strength from the 3 people.

Let me know if anything is unclear

okay got it, i just got tripped on the terminology of signal versus power since it was written as signal in the vote and power in DM but it's 1:1 and not using anything else to determine the signal

@mafiabot sign

welcome aboard.

1 Like

@mafiabot sign

@mafiabot unsign

@mafiabot sign

bump

@mafiabot slist

Signed Players

Vanilla_Town
JCrispy
You_lose_i_win