Movies Thread

cant fucking believe i slept on BladeRunner 2049 for so long

i am so stupid

what a fucking great work of art

whatever emotion or mood the film tries to capture is so fucking exactly perfect

even in 2017 it was still pretty visionairy considering machine learning was “10” years away at that time

what a movie. damn.

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah that movie was a work of art

(spiderverse)

literally watched it twice in one day and I never ever dothat

Yeah the scenes with his AI GF really messed with me

1 Like

Ana de armas' beauty is NOT overrated god damn what a human being

2 Likes

The ending was a nothing burger to me. Everyone went back to the beginning, and then a meteor hit. They all thought it was a dream. The end.

What am I missing? I was smart enough to win the game, but too dumb to understand this ending?

The ending was literally "it was all a dream" IMO it's kinda dumb. I was trolling in the game about "spoiling the ending" - a bunch of people on the internet had fan theories when it was a manga about how it was going to end and a lot of those ended up being better than the actual ending (eg. it's aliens or something). I used that in my game to fake-spoil the ending with a better ending (wrote some shit about aliens). So the actual show (with ending) explained is this: there was a catastrophic event (meteor) and a bunch of people were injured and went into a coma in the hospital or something. then they all have a shared coma dream in which they're competing in this game (what we saw for most of the show). The people who hang on and make it through the show are the ones that survive in real life and wake up from the coma. The ones who give up or die in the games die in real life and never wake up from the coma. Then there's some little hint around whether they actually remember each other/are destined to meet each other after the dream or something. In all I think it's a fun show but kind of unsatisfying ending.

1 Like

I need to update my glasses. This shit all foggy

3 Likes

leave it that way, it reflects the quality of the content.

1 Like

Ok thx.

I guess I was hoping for some big reveal.
On a side note, I wonder what happened to those that chose to remain.
Do they stay in a coma forever?

Started watching The Queen's Gambit. Very good so far, even if you don't like chess.

4 Likes

Its a great show

Saw the flash, it was just ok
Rewatched amazing Spider-Man, good origin

1 Like

Yes or die i think

Nyte we have a rule on the website now that you can't be mean to people

1 Like

At spiderman again. This might be another 7-banger

I am the only one in here

1 Like

I might want to see spiderman in theaters. First one seems like it would've been fun to see in theaters