Music thread

I tried to warn them of this months ago

he just came back why you gotta bug him with this inane shit

Because he hates alightsoul as much as I do. The fact that you think that asoul being tolerated on this forum is ā€œinane shitā€ is part of the problem

Danā€™s not part of the problem, he IS the problem

2 Likes

Kill all asoul sympathizers

1 Like

Listening to a song for starlit beaches, @ersu

any cares cortex

Have you been to any good shows recently?

Bad bunny is the best artist of 2018

what about nicky jam?

Welcome Prada.

Nah Iā€™ve been way too busy with work, though there is a pretty sick warehouse party with Takaaki Itoh coming up when Iā€™m on vacation.

@anon31000304

Decorate my life with silver bells and Christmas lights,
leave me in the cold to wait under that mistletoe.
Iā€™ll stay here.

Waiting for you, what else would I do in the snow?

I decorate my house with red and gold and white felt cloth,
hammered to the wall, drunk from all the wine you bought before you left and said that ā€œitā€™s overā€. Laid to rest a love that hadnā€™t died yet.
Iā€™ll stay here.

Waiting for you, what else would I do?

In the snow, in the cold because right now I cannot let go.
Let it fall, let it break, thereā€™s only so much you could take.

That whole Christmas album slaps: itā€™s all just break-up songs that are Christmas themed

Some Elliott smith thouhhts off the back of a discography relisten conducted while cruising down dark Ontario highways in the rain:

Either/or is the worst Elliott album by far (hot take alert). So many bottom tenth percentile, forgettable songs. Angeles canā€™t make up for the 8 or so ā€œpictures of me/245amā€ type outings.

Xo is the ā€œbestā€/most impressive. Like a Beatles album if all four of them were three times as talented (John only twice maybe), and I hold the Beatles in fairly high esteem. Butā€¦

Roman candle will always be my favourite. Canā€™t quite articulate it - maybe if I had a music theory degree Iā€™d have the language to describe whatā€™s going on in ā€œcondor avenueā€ that makes it so an incredible but I donā€™t.

From a basement is, like, really sad. I roll my eyes when people say ā€œI canā€™t listen to Elliott anymore itā€™s too depressingā€ but faboth is so proximate to his death in every way itā€™s an exception for me. Itā€™s still really good, memory lane is a stand out, but I might not listen to this album ever again.

1 Like

Quit saying slaps

1 Like

Things may or may not be chock full of bangers but by Jove thereā€™s no such state as ā€œslapsā€

Brood_star used to say slaps

1 Like

i could see it being his worst but i prefer either/or to the self titled. being his worst album doesn't mean its bad i dont think though.

i feel like the first time i listened to this album i really didn't get how dark it was and then didn't listen to it as much as the others for a while. Every time i revisit it thought i find it a little darker. it has some of my favorite songs of his though: pretty (ugly before), kings cross, and passing feeling

i agree so much with this