Namafia Best Posts. Discourse Edition

This whole incident was voted 2019 Top Event in the annual teamspeak survey.

1 Like

how do you feel about what happened to loki?

I regret nothing.

also this monster of a post

He will look back at it and laugh, and so will everyone else. Shared memories and experiences that bring us all closer together as a community.

I don't laugh and ideally he would get to that point but I would not be surprised if he did not

Laughter is not really meant to be taken literally here - it's more of a serene and maybe somber realization of our past and how we all chose to spend our 20s, as we move forward in an ever changing world.

1 Like

Well put

This forum is a goldmine the more I dig into it

2 Likes

I forgot about a lot of shit that was posted

Also very true, going back and reading posts of mine and others and how naive and immature we all acted back then puts things into perspective

Nma grew the most from the seems of it

1 Like

No, I'm actually the exact same and all my posts since I made this account are just an elaborate plan to troll notjones.

2 Likes

It's kinda hard to read the older posts because of random accounts being anonymized, posts being deleted and stuff

1 Like

I think people should not be allowed to anonymize their accounts any more, permanent ban is sufficient if you're trying to leave the site

So many discourse features over the years made the site less usable

1 Like

I do wish the anon accounts get changed to some sort of pseudonyms - but I remember who is who so I never had this problem.

I agree. the least we could do is consider disincentives like making users pay to be anonymized

1 Like

Even "Hide my public presence" makes the site less fun

Seeing someone typing and realizing you are in the same thread at the same time is one of the better parts of discourse, it creates a sense of community/togetherness. Same with "Who's Online" (when it actually works and the admin hasn't set it to like 6 hour timeout so it's less signal than noise)

But of course once you create the feature to hide presence people are going to use it so they don't get "Haha he's typing up another one!" or something, or so they can lie about when they were online for mafia. Admin should just manually set everyone to public and then hide that tickbox with CSS

1 Like

That took you like ten minutes to write hahahahaha.

1 Like