No Setup Mafia #1

A town player doesn’t need to specify that they are town. It is an implicit assumption

Yo Wintermute. Let’s break this setup. It should be easy with all the night actions we can choose from.

Lynch wintermute

OK, let’s.

You’re mafia.

Big Benny do you know why Jones isn’t playing this game? Ask him to join next game!

I don’t think it’s in towns interest to “break the game”.

I don’t have much contact with Jones but if I talk to him soon I’ll tell him to play.

Of course it is. Why would you say that?

benny sure has a lot to say about the “towns interest” :thinking: we understand you definitely have the TOWNS INTEREST at heart, we totally trust you!

What’s your role?"

What I want to know is why the big change in playstyle. You didn’t feel the need to start with “I’m town” last game.

Why do you think that’s worthy of reasoning?

I adjust my messages to the individuals in the thread and then play accordingly - sometimes testing others patience in relation to how I have assessed everyone else in the thread and their personality type and how they would interact with possible scum partners if they were aligned.

I would also never make the same opening move twice.

townie

lol

“I never play the same! Don’t read me off of differences in my play!”

Sorry in advance for my ignorance, but who is Wintermute?

You’re playing a provocative role (emulating my style of interrogation) last game. Not so much a tell-tale sign of mafia as of a weak spine if you feel the need to copy my gamestyle. If I was going to attribute you towards mafia I would say you’re trying quite hard to envision yourself as a role which was confirmed town last game; me. If you were town you would simply be yourself rather than copying me hahaha!