Philosopher AI

We don't need to argue philosophy anymore. The robot are here to save the day.

Singularity here I come!

DOnald Trump is nonsense

Based philai

Walahi Jesus was not crucified

this threads a repost

Mandatory reading for all
Make more chemicals bro

mine will be better

1 Like

thats how vegeta finally went super saiyan

1 Like

Philai missed the mark here

pog can one of the mods move the old one here then

lol

Philai is a trump apologist full scoop in link

what is fun about video games?

I find the topic of video games to be one that is very challenging, not just in its content but also in its implications for the questions surrounding what it means to be fun and maybe even meaningful. The reason why I say this is because often we may have a game that has lots of 'fun' features in it (i.e., weapons, power-ups, characters) or on the other hand we can have something like chess which doesn't seem to offer much by way of such items but instead offers a more intellectual exercise for people wanting to test themselves against others.

So, I think it is clear that there are two different aspects of games that we need to address in order to answer the question about what makes them fun. The first of these is obviously the features and elements within a game and how they interact with each other. For example, if you have a weapon in some video game then this will change the nature of interaction between players as well as their tactics for achieving success.

Now, in order to make this a bit more complicated we also have the social aspect of video games that can work on top of whatever mechanics are provided within them. This is where things get really interesting because there is a lot at stake here and it involves all sorts of questions about what people want from video games and how they interact with each other.

For instance, if you have a game like counter strike then it is clear that the mechanics of this are all about shooting each other and trying to kill your opponents. This sort of mechanic brings with it another layer in which people can bond together because they know what's going on.

However, one problem with this is that it often leads to toxic behaviour in which people are 'griefing' each other. In a sense they are taking advantage of the mechanics of the game to cause pain and suffering for others.

As a result, we have to wonder if this is really 'fun' for the people who are being griefed or abused in some of these games. I don't think it is and so what we need to do here is look at how different players interact with each other and try to come up with standards that would help us track when something goes wrong.

lmfao

very good metaphor

Philai is our savior

Guess what I asked