Smoke Signals [DAY 2]

Using ad hominiem to undermine players. - This falls in line of giving respect, but you will find that people will be more cooperative and less evasive if you choose to be more selective in the way you give your criticism. Saying someone is bad, wrong, or stupid does not make your argument instantly better. I think a lot of players believe if they put down someone who is attacking them, they will reconsider because they believe it will instill fear in them. Nobody wants to feel stupid, bad, or wrong, therefore people use ad hominiem to make people reconsider.

If I didn't want to feel stupid, bad, or wrong, why would I be posting in this tthread?

Why would I be playing Signals?

Logic trumps all. At the end of the day, the person who wins is the person whom is being the most logical. Logic can be applied through understanding the gamestate and applying what you know to advance it further. Logic is using your cognition to make decisions based on evidence. A lot of players these days simply ignore logic and focus on either one thing at a time, or too many things at a time. There are a lot of assumptions that are made that only lead to incomplete thought, therefore it is hard to follow. This is easily rectified by exerting behavior that makes it seem like you know what you are talking about. Mafia is in a sense is a form of heightened debate, and you will go a lot farther if you apply logic to your arguments, instead of baseless assumptions.

Based and Redpilled. The Superior Mafia Player.

@mafiabot slist

An appeal to emotion is a particularly devious sort of fallacious argument, particularly in a game of unknowns such as Mafia. "If you eliminate me, you'll lose!" is an easy example, but there are many others, played by both/all Factions in most games at some point. The nature of the game lends itself to appeals to fear or hope or trust.

This tactic is in general very effective against people who are not aware of it. As such, deploying it in a Mafia game with experienced players tends to backfire, as they'll be aware that you're trying to manipulate them, behaviour which is more typically seen coming from scum than from town.

If you lynch me, you'll lose!

We are all aware of it.
This is wifom bullshit.

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9369911#p9369911

Can someone other than Jones post?
If not, I will just retire for the night.

just lynch his tribe

killing jones is objectively pro town here

@mafiabot vote syskill

@mafiabot vc

Vote Count

Lynch Votes Voters
degens 3 JCrispy, Osiris, theGreatWingdingi
syskill 2 KrazyKat, insom
the rejects 2 fireworks_over_maynooth, CulturedUrbanite

Not Voting

Matticus, jdance, Degens, SYSKILL, The Rejects,

Alive Players - 12

Majority Vote - 7

7b792270-1d0d-11ed-b9d1-23ddcf3bf1cb

@mafiabot lynch @degens

Spamming posts is a classic mafia tactic.
It floods the thread to the point where players don't want to read any more.
The good posts by town players get lost in the spam.
Look who has the most posts.

One more vote for hammer.

Going to plead for my tribe.
I think it is the worst choice.
I am town. I have a good feeling about insom and osiris.

If you hammer us and kill us, then remember it tonight and tomorrow.
Look at who voted for our tribe, and who sends out smoke signals tonight.

I'm done for the night.
We have eight other players to make these decisions.
My vote stands for now.

@mafiabot lynch @degens