souls general

im not usually a platformer guy but ive been meaning to try dead cells as well

Idk I tried both and the presentation and experience of blasphemous was way more compelling

it definitely looks weightier which i appreciate

dystrfurce

Dont take night classes nmagane. They are so tiring

I took some late classes when I was in college. 6-8pm.

That was a bad idea. Im sorry

@SOPHIE decent game overall. something about the atmosphere felt kind of off compared to others but i think that's what they were going for? like majula sounds like a lullaby compared to other souls firelinks sounding very somber and the level discontinuity makes it feel very surreal.

adp is garbodoodooshit i hated having to level it early and even less of a fan of lifestones than blood vials which i also detested. the bosses did get a little more interesting as the game went on my personal favorites were the rat fights because of how hilarious it was getting swarmed and getting to fight a reddit moderator in covetous demon. honorable mentions to fume knight, and darklurker. the dragon fights were the worst as they always are except midir

the areas were super mid and many seemed to contain doors and rooms with no purpose other than to break LOS. iron keep was pretty cool without being as much of a kick in the dick as sen's was. the wharf was also solid. this game basically made me use a bow which i had almost never done in souls before not sure if that's a + or -. probably + as build viability seems at an all time high. enemy variety was really bad at the start but got a little bit better maybe that's why i struggle to remember different zones

overall decent game. i have yet to play demon souls but this is my least favorite souls game in the franchise. still worthy of a playthrough but i dont think ill be picking it up again. thanks for reading my review be sure to like and subscribe below, have a nice day y'all

1 Like

I appreciate the fact check on my nostalgia. Probably agre with everything besides idr much on ADP. Atmosphere is really what I think I liked and it's why I never felt too compelled to really get into ds1. I'm such ds1s atmosphere isn't that bad tho

Did you do shots or whatever the dlc is? I could do the multiplayer stuff with you. Some of it encourages it

i did not im taking a bit of a break

the atmosphere being different is just personal preference no doubt it just struck me as very different and alien. one thing i did like is the weapon variety and looking stuff up now people agree it has the most amount of variable builds with viable weapons and skills

@■■■

2 Likes

I would probably explode from a demolition_d message too

@Vanilla_Town what's your favorite boss?

Bell gargoyles

2 Likes

based as kat and ban would say

1 Like