Toronto slang

ANYONE ELSE is what you said

pretty sure everyone in the thread is catholic

My favorite feature of English varieties that seem to have a caribbean influence is their use of "man" as almost any type of pronoun. We can learn a lot about language just from realizing that there are times when the "man" pronoun overlaps don't cause confusion. Interesting stuff.

I don't know if the folks in Toronto you are on about are speaking this sort of variety. Never heard them. But yeah.

They say fam and ting with this weird jamaicanized accent.

It's extremely forced I feel.

Are they really into the UK music where people talk like that or something

There you go with weird qualifications as though the only people you know are those in this thread smh

This is just Commonwealth Caribbean English aka Canadian Creole

here's a primer

1 Like

the only one projecting stupidity is you jakub you fucking fascist

I literally watched that last night. If people emulat d kardi kardi bacardi t dot rocking your party I wouldn't have a problem. My issue is they don't. They emulate drake and other absolute stupidity

Kardi is a g that never got the recognition he deserves.

It's not though. It's fake. You talk to jamaicans and drug dealers. (Black dudes hang out outside dispenseries to try and steal customers, I always buy from them because you can negotiate.) None of them speak that way.

You would think they would.

Kardinal never made it big because he's an intelligent black man from an English colony. Can't have that. Gotta have the most ignit person you can get for the kids to emulate.

it's weird that someone like you would make a thread about this when every video we've seen of you speaking paints a picture of someone who's functionally illiterate

I was drunk each video just to be able to make each video

Verbally I'm poor in casual conversation. I can also read 3 different languages. So dunno where illiterate comes from. I just got the aspies

I'm just x!!!

You're are a RATIONALIZER

X-zibit

Out-of-towners: "Toronto"
Toronto natives: "Trawna"

No no it's

Ch-r-ono

The ch more like a Tsh

tchrauno