t's a fitting choice for a song that rails against the implicit and explicit oppression of womxn. The track not only defines itself by being against the patriarchy but also recognizes a sisterhood that has to fight for survival.

hey jones i'm working through an injury and am looking to mix swimming into my cardio routine for some low impact exercise.

as a fellow 6'9er do you think this is a good idea?

i havent done swiming lessons since i was 14 so I would be a beginner. any good resources online to help with technique and any recommendation peripherals? (speedo, razors, goggles) thanks

you aren't 6'9" dude I already did the analysis on your bathroom doorframe.

breathe on both sides of the body; you can put more stress on one of your arms/shoulders if you breathe to the same side. do sets where you breathe on an odd interval (3, 5, 7...) stroke to get used to it.

do actual sets with different strokes, IMs, drill sets, whatever. either swim at a pool with flags or landmarks on the ceiling in order to do backstroke (count the strokes from a designated point to the wall). people who just do miles of freestyle uninterrupted blow my mind.

short course pools are way less monotonous than long course; it's enjoyable to work flip turns.

not a fan of kickboards. you might get some swim fins in order to spice things up, feel like you go fast.
speaking of which, feeling like you go fast is extremely enjoyable. You can buy a stylish drag suit
https://photos.cdn-outlet.com/photos/options/1438-9606-1A-zoomin.jpg , swim the majority of your sets in it, and then take it off for a few sets and feel like you're moving way faster.
swim caps are also another area where you can show your style.

some people like to have a complete mesh grab bag of shit at the end of the lane with laminated workout plans, flip flops, towel, extra goggles, extra swim caps, swim fins, kickboards, pool buoys, these little hand fins, etc.

pool buoys are cheating; make longer sets easier.
I've heard that the hand fins can angle at weird directions and you'll fuck up/develop bad habits in your strke, so maybe don't do anything with those.

don't injure your shoulder, because if you do, you're done for.

based

That's unfortunate. I consider being that tall a disability. I am the ideal height, 5'9, and with low center of mass I never get injured or lose my balance.

1 Like

based manlet

1 Like

thanks dude. this will help. can't play squash rn so i'm trying to swimming and row instead.

@taste_my_rot

on second thought, I'm still looking for the original.

well I've scoured the meme records and somehow the nyte razor one is missing, I only have the imgur link abd should probably hire an archivist